It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
(male)

lawlessalan HB User
Using Ketoconazole cream, 2% (Nizoral) for Seborrheic Dermatitis

hi folks,
I am suffering from Seborrheic Dermatitis around my nose, eyebrows and beard areas. I have just bought Nizoral cream online to try and treat the problem as I've heard it helps however, I bought it off a company in Norway and the insrtuctions isn't in english. I was wondering does anyone how I should use it..what I mean by that is this: do I just put the cream on my face and leave it on over night or should I use it like shampoo and rinse my face,apply and then rinse off after a few mins??

keep in mind that this is the Nizoral cream and not the shampoo..If anyone can help then I would really appreciate it,
Thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
(male)

monkface HB User
Re: Using Ketoconazole cream, 2% (Nizoral) for Seborrheic Dermatitis

Hello,

I suffered from the same condition all over my face, mostly on my cheeks and nose.

As it was so embarassing for me I must have tried everything to fix it, but everything failed. The doctors prescribe some cortezone (sp?) cream, which is steroid based, but that only temporarily worked then gave me side effects which were almost the same as the dermatitis.

So good luck with the nizoral but I have not heard of it ever working.

I recommend with all my heart you should try Apple Cider Vinegar with 'The Mother' (the mother is some kind of protein strain). You can buy it from health food shops. It is the only thing which gets rid of my dermatitis (though fatty dairy foods for me are a major cause of my dermatitis... apprently other foods can cause it too but i have not noticed anything significant except the dairy. Another cause is apparently stress.

To use, start by diluting a small amount in water, say maybe 1 part vinegar to 6 parts water. A [B]little[/B] bit of burning/stinging is normal (it's vinegar after all), but the idea is you increase the ratio of ACV (apple cider vinegar) to water each time you use it. Maybe start with once per day too, and maybe increase it to once in the morning and once at night.

I remember when my Seborrheic Dermatitis was at its worst I would just put ACV on straight from the bottle, no dilution, and i would wake up the next morning and it would be gone. But if i did that now it would sting a lot.

These days when my skin starts to go red I just put a mix of 50% water and 50% ACV and it goes away. It does go a little more red in the short term, for say, 5-10 mins, but then improves.

Good luck with the nizoral but if i were you I would skip straight to the ACV.

Many well wishes

Nick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
(male)

monkface HB User

Hi, forgot to mention also, as the condition is apparently caused by bacteria make sure you wash your towel for the shower regularly and let it dry out as much as possible between uses.

Good luck!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
(male)

Trillb19 HB User

I'm so sick of hearing people say use apple cider vinegar on your face its a wonder cure,the facts are,it just stings, and makes you smell like a chip shop,in answer to the original question,the cream should be applied to affected areas once a day,and rubbed in,no need to wash off like the shampoo,use once per day for around 4 weeks to clear up seb derm flare up,keep area clean,I recommend cetaphil wash twice a day,followed by application of cream in morning,and to correct the previous answer,it's not a bacterial problem,it's caused by overproduction of seborrhoea in oil rich areas,caused by yeast/fungus,I would however agree that you should keep your face towels clean and dry,good luck

Reply Reply