It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #1

PuNkRoCkChIcK HB User
Red face Harmful effects of eye-liner?!??

I'm 16 and have been wearing a considerable amount of eye-liner on my eyes for about 3 or 4 years now (top and also lining the bottom inside too). My mom has been complaining, saying I wear too much eye make-up. Is it bad for my eyes? Will it damage my skin? I'm still really young and I don't want my eyes to get messed up or anything, but then again, once you start wearing it, it's hard to stop since you're so used to seeing yourself with it on. Also, does it affect your vision in any way? I just am curious if it affects your eyes and the skin around it in a harmful way. Can anyone help??

Old 05-27-2003, 07:55 PM   #2

WhoppersYUM HB User
Hello,
I don't know if it is harmful in anyway to your skin but it sounds like you may have to do some heavy scrubbing to take that off. That may be harmful since the skin around your eyes is the most delicate and scrubbing those eyes can easily dry them out. I suggest from personal experience, just use some cortisone cream to moisturize that skin, or buy some fancy eye cream at your local beauty store. Lastly, maybe you can start wearing less and less of the heavy eyeliner and soon you will get used to it just as you did with how you are now. Remember – less is more!

I hope this helps.

------------------
BJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread