It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
Question antiandrogens and s. dermatitis

would an antiandrogen help stop the oil and clear the flakiness and oiliness from the skin.....also will the tazorac still clear my skin of acne even though it is flaky

Old 05-27-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Inactive

CCmakes3 HB User
What exactly do you mean by antiandrogens? Is it a topical drug or something to you take internally? I would give the Nizoral shampoo (used as a facial cleanser) first, before taking another drug or getting another prescription. Seriously, after 2 days of using it, I am totally clear of the flakes! If you really do have seborrheic dermatitis, it is fungal and nothing else will get rid of it other than an antifungal. Believe me, I tried almost everything before I tried the Nizoral!

I think you can continue to use the tazorac, but if I were you, I would lay off of it for a couple of days while you are using the Nizoral, just to make sure you don't "dilute" the antifungal affect. Once the fungal infection and the flakes are gone, I see no reason why the tazorac wouldn't work just as well (if not better) than it did before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 07:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
anti androgens (like spiro) are like birth control pills, they regulate hormones and stop the testosterone in female bodies from doing its thing. Also, have you used plexion cleanser before

Old 05-27-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Inactive

CCmakes3 HB User
I've heard of plexion cleanser but have never tried it. I really like Phisoderm for sensitive skin, but then I have never really had a huge oiliness problem. Just blackheads and occasionaly pimples.

Old 05-27-2003, 11:48 PM   #5

worldlyangel HB User
Smile

Whoa! This is the most misunderstoon drug out there! For thirty years I suffered bad acne, used everything under the sun including the laser, acutane, etc. Then alone came an endrocrinologist who also happened to be a gyn/deratology fan and rx'ed spironolactone and boom! Instant clear complexion, and you dont need to stay on it, just take 50 to 75mg when a break out threatens, it'll stop the breakouts instantly!
When this news gets out the the world, all the acne drug companies will go bankrupt...so guess what, it will probably stay a secret....
Good luck out there

Old 05-28-2003, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hey worldly.
did you use anything while on spiro like tazorac, etc. or did you just use spiro...i have been on accutane (wrecked my face), i am on BC pills (ortho lo) and i use taz. but my face is super oily (just my face) and am hoping spiro will help, but can you use it while using taz. I also use neostrata oil free lotion /spf 15 in the day and wash with neutrogena fresh foaming wash

Closed Thread