It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
Veteran

Citykittie HB User
Post for those who using tanning bed

Hi I went in today and tanned. I tried a sample of a tanning lotion they had at the salon and they told me it had something called "tingle" in it. It helped to increase the blood flow to the top of your skin and make a better tan. Within 45 seconds my skin was not just tingling it was burning. I stopped the bed and my skin was so bright red. My face was red and I hadn't even put it on my face. I had trouble breathing and felt on fire. My skin was so tight I couldn't move my fingers.

I guess I had an allergic reaction to it.

Please be careful with this....

Old 05-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #2

SumBody HB User
it's not an allergic reaction at all... "tingling" lotion is supposed to do that, which is why i don't use it, i stick with the regular indoor tanning lotions... but if you really wanna use tingling lotion there are varying degrees of it, you might have had a really intense formula, try going with something milder or just use the non-tingling kind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 02:09 PM   #3

deb0033 HB User
CityKittie ,the SAME exact thing happened to me and I wasn't even wearing that lotion!!! It was awful. My body was beat red and felt on fire and I coudn't breathe either. I thought I was going to die. I came home and cried. My Dr. said it was a reaction. Still, that feeling was VERY scary.

Youre not alone City Kittie!!

Old 06-01-2003, 11:51 PM   #4

Samantha0783 HB User
They are right, its not an alleric reaction, that is what tingler does. I work in a place with tanning beds and a lot of people after their first use of tingler think they have had an alleric reaction. Personally I don't use tingler, in a while I may move up to it, but I enjoy tanning and don't want to be that uncomfortable while tanning. Many people do love it though. I think the lotions with bronzers and hemp seed are great and work very well. Just remember when tanning to use plenty of lotion.

Closed Thread