It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #1
Inactive

N2golf HB User
Post How does scratching the skin cause a rash?

I'm not sure if this should go into this forum or the allergy forum, but, I was just wondering what make a rash on the skin when you scratch it? I'm speaking of scratching the skin when it somewhat itches, not just scratching for no reason. Although, could scratching for no reason cause a rash? Hmmm.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User
Scratching the skin irritates it, which is why it turns red- even if you scratch it for no reason. But sometimes if you are scratching a rash or something it can cause the rash to spread, like poison ivy, because there are chemicals in that part of the skin from the infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
Inactive

N2golf HB User
Unhappy

Yeah, but, what if you scratch because something itches and there's no rash there BEFORE you scratch it and then when you scratch, there forms a rash? Does that make sense? Another words, can a rash lie "dormat" under the skin? Sometimes when I scratch, alls it does is turn a little pink but in this particular place (the inside fold of the elbow just above the crease)I scratch and a small rash deveops and I'm trying to figure out why. Could it be an allergy, could it be a reaction to a tanning spray, could it be because it may get warm in that area, could it be from something that I have eaten that I may be allergic to (although, I'm not sure if that were the case the rash would be in one little area)I don't know. It's just for the past 3 days, when I scratch there or even dry off with a towel from the shower, it appears, goes away...appears...goes away etc...could be be eczema or dermatitis (I have allergies)Hmmmmmmmm..........

Closed Thread