It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #1

beekie HB User
Question Melasma issues... any advice!

Hi, I've had this brown spot on my forehead for about a year now. Someone told me it might be melasma, cause I was on the pill for 2 years. But is it supposed to come and go? and does it feel like anything, I get the feeling that it hurts once in a while as well? I just stopped taking the pill about 2 weeks ago and I think it might be getting less frequent. It's just very unappealing, it's right in the middle of my forehead! I am afraid to use bleaches of any kind cause I heard it might irritate it and make worse or discolor the surrounding area, I thought about waiting before doing something to see if only the pill caused it and it might go away on its own. Any advice? Also anybody know of a good concealer w/ spf of 25 or 30 or higher???

Old 06-05-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
If I understood you right did you say that it was kinda sore, if so either way you need to see a Derma Dr......I went about 2 weeks ago (to the Derma Dr)about some brown spots on my face....I do take estrogen, and that is what caused the brown patches. Anyway she gave me a script for Tri-Luma Cream (bleaching cream)and it works great....like I said it has been 2 weeks and I can already tell that it has lighten alot. It also has some Retin-A in it so it will make you peel a little, but I don't mind at all as long as it lightens them....hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread