It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #1

asmuchasicanstand HB User
Unhappy Irritable, rashy skin - Skin Cream ideas anyone?

Hi,
Please help me. I am miserable. I have spent months having this angry skin that seems to be annoyed after I so much as have a shower or put anything on it. But I have to use something because it is so insanely dry that it looks like I got a sunburn. I get hives after taking a shower in the morning. I have used a thousand different products that are supposedly non allergenic, I have changed my shampoo, my soap, it doesn't stop. Can anyone make any recommendations on a cream they found really helped?
What I have tried already: estee l, neutrogena, oil of olay, eucerin. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Eucerin is so good, I would guess that you are lacking some important vitamins. You might want to try supplements of Vitamins E, A & D. I bet you'll see a marked improvement.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 01:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
I truly can relate to you....I use Cetaphil wash and moisturizing cream(found at all drug stores and some hospitals) and I know it works wonders for your face(for me it has!) but not sure if they make it for the whole body. I have excema like crazy and regular MDs can not seem to help me out. Ugh~ They can often give decent suggestions and give you gels and creams to alleviate the symptoms, but they do not help what is going on internally. I am seeing an acupuncturist and he is AWESOME!!!!! They can do wonders....seriously I hope you find relief soon. Let me know! Cassie

Old 06-06-2003, 08:12 AM   #4

asmuchasicanstand HB User
Hey thanks for responding to both of you. yeah, I tried supplements I am actually a vitamin freak, but it hasn't changed things. I am trying to become more vigilant about drinking water(not my fav. beverage really) and that seems to be helping marginally. In terms of the latter post, oops I can't remember the cream you suggested (you can't see the posts when you write a reply) but I will definitely give it a shot. I just tried aveeno on rec of someone else but I bought the one with the spf and I had my problem skin again. So I will give your cream a try. Thanks for responding

Old 06-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
I have very sensitive skin, (I have eczema and being in the sun or even hot water from a shower just aggravates it) My derma dr. told me to limit my showers to no more then 7 min. and either to use vaseline or crisco grease (dr. said to use the butter kind but who wants to smell like butter) before you dry off cause it will lock in the moisture that is on your skin. Also he told me to use dove soap....and I haven't had any problems with any of it in years. The only time I break out is when I am in the sun without an SPF which mostly generally I do. Hope this helps.....

Closed Thread