It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 03:50 PM   #1

NaSade HB User
Thumbs down Mustaches and girls are a bad combination

Hey , I started to notice hair growing in on my upper lip at full speed, not too thick but not too light, I couldn't take the humilation and 'torture' anymore ,I couldn't, and still can't make eye contact, because in my head, thats the only place people are looking. So anyway, after reading up on it, i've decided to just take out a pair of manicure siccors and just cut it off..simple as that, right? I really need some advice on THIS now because it seems like its growing in thicker. Anybody have the same problem?..Anything..?..Anybody?

Old 05-31-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
i suggest laser hair removal ..its pricey but effective in most cases

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 04:51 PM   #3

NaSade HB User
Thumbs down

Well i'm 13...kinda too young for that...wat about waxing?

Old 05-31-2003, 07:40 PM   #4

kmnorris HB User
I suggest you go see your doctor and have your hormone levels checked and your thyroid checked before i did anything. My mom went through the same thing due to premenopause, and it eventually went away. Even if your to your to be going through menopause your never too young to have your hormones out of wack. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2003, 09:49 AM   #5

NaSade HB User
Question

Thanks for you're advice but...I'm saying...I'm not turning into a man here! , every girl has a mustache, and I just happen to be more self-concered about it (hopefully). I just need to know , anybody here that gets it waxed all the time, and is used to it by now..do you regret it? Did it grow back thicker?
-Worried

Old 06-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #6

TommyGirl HB User
Hi. I have the same problem. For the longest time, I used Nair. But that kinda irritated my skin. I didn't like it after awhile. So lately I've been using this Sally Hansen wax stuff, and surprisingly, it doesnt hurt that bad. It's the kind where you rub the strips in your hands and then pull em apart to get two strips. And you can size them. And it also comes with softening lotion stuff. You might like it. The hair grows back much thinner. But I think whatever you use, it seems like your hair starts to grow back much faster. I have to wax usually once a week or week and a half. So yeah. I might get some laser treatment but not for awhile since im only 16.

Old 06-01-2003, 11:00 AM   #7

NaSade HB User
Oh ok thanks [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif[/img] I'll probably go to the salon and have it done (waxed), I just didnt know what way to turn for the longest. I'm just glad to see that im not the only one [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif[/img] Thanks you guys, I think I finally have my mind made up! and its about time! :Round:

Old 06-01-2003, 07:38 PM   #8

Demz2000 HB User
Hey . This will sound pretty frustrating but no matter what you try in the long run wax is the best/ I'm middle eastern so hair is ALWAYS an annoying factor!!! eeee. lol. But difently wax. Use Andrea's prepared strips....they are good for beginners. I used to do the salon stuff....but it's better at home in case you mess up....

Old 06-01-2003, 07:40 PM   #9

Demz2000 HB User
Talking

****TIP***

When you apply the wax strips in the area of the growth rub it in three times (it nums the pain) and then on the thir time pull when you ge tto the ends......do this anytime and anywhere you wax . IT REALLY eases the pain....saw that on a commerical hahaha. worked for me!!

Old 06-01-2003, 11:41 PM   #10

Vlasik HB User
i think that you should for to a salon and have it waxed. Or wax at home. it is easy.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:13 AM   #11

NaSade HB User
Talking

hehe thanks guys !!! im going to a salon today!!!

Old 06-05-2003, 04:37 PM   #12

ExoticWoman HB User
Wink

hey !! tell us what happens with the results!!

I too was really upset a/b my facial hair (light mustache) i thought every1 was always lookin at it too. I got teased a lot, but only by my brother. Funny how we listen so much to what other people think.

ANyway, i tried used this Jolen bleach thing.....word of advice: never use that or any other bleaching agent; it really irritates ur skin. It also bleached my skin (lightly, not really noticeable), but i noticed.
However, now, a/b 6 years later, i'm 19. The mustache doesn't bother me at all. I've had many boyfriends...none of them ever really noticed n when i pointed it out it never bothered them.
Point is, as long as u hold ur head high n carry urself with confidence then little things like a lil mustache wont' bother ya.
oh yea 1 more thing, my current bf told me that there was this 1 girl in college who every1 really had the hots for and guess what? she had a slight mustache too. Did that matter to them....nope, not 1 bit.
But hey if it really bothers u that much then i say go ahead and wax it if it makes u feel more confident a/b urself.

Old 06-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #13

NaSade HB User
Cool

Hey...Thanks so much my brother said it to me once and I just felt like I was dreaming...Like ok it's one thing if people at school say something (and they dont) but my own family? come on now..what's wrong with the picture here..I'm saying, yeah it could be MUCH Much worse, hey, I'm grateful for everything I have and don't have, maybe i'm taking it a lil overboard but that's just the way I feel. Thanks though, that made me feel better

Old 06-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #14
(female)

princessputter HB User
hi,
I am a cosmetologist.... i seen everyone mentioning wax...and however effective that is..another suggestion would be.. its a bleach..that lightens the hair on the upper lip makeing it alot less noticable..check ur local beauty supply store.. a few of my clients have used it with sucess good luck...

They saw a child "in a world of his own". I see the most the most brilliant star. They saw a child "who may never speak". I see a gift that didn't need words. They saw a child with "limited possibility". I see a child, my child, who can soar past the sky.

mommy to Ryan and countless foster children...

Closed Thread