It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #1

Sammypie HB User
Post Bumps on legs after shaving

After I shave my legs with my venus triple blade razor and gilette shave gel (just informing incase these are the problems...) I get random bumps all over my legs. They are mostly concentrated on the backs of my thighs and inner knee (like where they touch if you put your knees together) but they appear everywhere else too, maybe 5 or 10 total in the other spots with maybe 20 in the concentrated spots. They are just little bumps that I think are small ingrown hairs. They dont hurt, but they are red and it always looks like I have a few dozen mosquito bites (but smaller) all the time... What can I do to stop this!! I want to have smooth legs... not all lumpy and red

I have heard exfoliating helps, so I have tried scrubbing my legs a little harder than normal with my loofa in the morning shower, but it hasn't made a difference at all... I have dealt with this for years, but now its moving the the rest of the skin on my legs so I really want to know how to stop it... thanks sooo much! (I did searches on this site, and didn't find anything that healped me)

------------------
*~Sammie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User
It sounds like razor burn to me. I get it pretty badly in some areas, and the only thing I've been able to do to prevent it is to use wax instead of shaving. I've had good results with Sally Hansen Sugar Wax Hair Remover, if you want to try that route.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 PM   #3

eadreel2 HB User
Give your legs a rest and let the hair grow out a bit till the red bumps dissapear. Then start using the loofa in the shower for a few days and smooth baby oil on after your shower. When your legs are looking good under all that hair, take a hot bath for about 15 minutes to soften the hair. Then shave. After you get out of the shower, use baby oil everywhere you dragged that razor. This is what really helped me after years and years of red bumps, ingrown hairs and tons of scarring on the legs.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:06 AM   #4

kran HB User
try aveeno oatmeal shaving cream. that stuff really works well. also..i too say you should let your hair grow out a bit before shaving again. and shave using warm water then rinse with cool water.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #5

Blondee203 HB User
Lightbulb

There are products for that, I am very fair and get bumpy too. Tend Skin and No Bumps are the 2 i use. No Bumps is probably my favorite. Right after you shave put it on, it will sting alittle and then the redness and bumps go away. I couldn't shave without it. Good Luck!

Closed Thread