It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 08:45 PM   #1

linux123 HB User
Post Do guys go to tanning saloons?

I am just wondering if I will look odd if I go to a tanning saloon? I have this preconception that females go to them. i want to get a tan to even out my skin which is messed up thx to acne. i have brown skin so i may look weird there anyways lol, but well even than i think i will go coz i really wanna even out my skin!

Old 05-31-2003, 08:50 AM   #2

SumBody HB User
yeah man, go for... i'm a guy and i started tanning like 2 weeks ago, some of my buddies also go with their girlfreinds just so that they can have something to do together. a dark tan looks good and it does help cover up some blemishes and stuff like that. it's also a plus with the ladies, which there are always plenty of at tanning salons... in my opinion you should do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 07:31 PM   #3

kmnorris HB User
IM ONE OF THE LADIES AND HE'S RIGHT. A TAN LOOKS GOOD ON A MAN, I THINK IT'S SEXY. MY HUSBAND STARTED GOING TO THE TANNING BED THIS YEAR BEFORE I STARTED. HE WAS AFRAID THAT ALL OF HIS GUY FRIENDS WOULD CALL HIM A SISSY. I TOLD HIM A TRUE CONFIDENT MAN WOULDN'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAID, WHICH IS EVEN SEXIER.

Old 06-01-2003, 11:47 PM   #4

Samantha0783 HB User
Hey, I work in a store with tanning beds, there are many guys that tan. I haven't heard one comment from any other workers or customers when a guy comes in that is bad, the guys that work there tan as well.

Old 06-01-2003, 11:48 PM   #5

Samantha0783 HB User
Hey, I work in a store with tanning beds, there are many guys that tan. I haven't heard one comment from any other workers or customers when a guy comes in that is bad, the guys that work there tan as well.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

JAYB HB User
I've never gone to one, but I don't think there's anything with a guy going to one. Guys have always been vain but are more open about it now. Whoever thought guys would put highlights in their hair and wear earings? the times have definitely changed!

Old 06-04-2003, 05:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
My husband and I go to the tanning salon together all the time. And I ALWAYS see other guys in there when we go. It's mostly guys that work there as well. My husband (as well as most other guys) works so much that he doesn't have TIME to go lay out by the pool. So a few trips to the tanning bed every week keeps him tan and sexy!

Old 06-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #8

linux123 HB User
thx all, i have been going to a tanning saloon for 3 days now, and i have seen 2 guys there so far .. now the only problem is that after being on the bed for almost an hr i still have no tan. my skin is brown so i guess it tans real slowly!

Old 06-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #9
(male)

FargoUT HB User
I always hate this... I'm a redhead, so the only way I could ever tan is with a sunless tanning lotion. Society in America has this stigma that a tan body is a sign of a healthy body, and yet tanning is bad for the skin (do you realize that a tan is just one big scar?). Isn't it unusual how we all complain about scars and blemishes, and then desire a tan? On the other hand, it covers up so many unsightly body defects--I really wish I could tan. That's probably the only real thing that I dislike about my body. Aside from that, I like how I look, even if I'm not a supermodel. I'm a male who can not tan. I should start a support group.

[This message has been edited by FargoUT (edited 06-05-2003).]

Old 06-10-2003, 09:11 PM   #10

allyd HB User
I know a lot of guys tan and everyone looks better with a tan.

Fargo:

Have you ever tried that spray on booth called Mystic Tan...it gets you even like you have a natural tan...you should try it...i have done it alot and love it!
And the main thing with tanning is you want to avoid burning...tanning doesn't scar you...a burn might. Just like when people work out they are actually tearing their muscles...but it's a natural process...same thing with tanning...it's a natural process in efforts to prevent you from burning.

Closed Thread