It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003, 01:26 AM   #1

justakid HB User
Post Red and sweaty armpits

About three weeks ago my armpits began to itch all the time. And about 1 week ago it stopped... for the most part. However now my pits are all red and somewhat scaly. Also my pits are always sweating now, its extreamly smelly and sticky. Once it even seemed mucus like. I realize that this explanation is rather vague but can anyone help (by the way its not the anti-persperant or deoderant, i've switched and have tried new ones).

Old 06-08-2003, 01:27 AM   #2

justakid HB User
When I say red I mean the whole underarm about 5 inches diameter if not more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #3

asterie HB User
[quote]Originally posted by justakid:
[b]About three weeks ago my armpits began to itch all the time. And about 1 week ago it stopped... for the most part. However now my pits are all red and somewhat scaly. Also my pits are always sweating now, its extreamly smelly and sticky. Once it even seemed mucus like. I realize that this explanation is rather vague but can anyone help (by the way its not the anti-persperant or deoderant, i've switched and have tried new ones).[/b][/quote]

If your armpits were itchy and you scratched them, you might have broken the skin. This would explain why they are scaly. If youíre seeing some sort of mucus-like discharge, this could simply be the skin trying to heal itself or a sign of infection.

I know you probably don't want to stop using deodorant if your armpits are sweating a lot, but you should until the skin heals. To help the healing process, make sure you wash your pits carefully in the morning and at night with a very mild soap.

The increase in sweatiness might be down to your age or a hormonal problem. I donít know enough about you to say what I think the cause is.

When your skin heals, try putting a little talcum powder under your arms to absorb some of the sweat. If the problem persists, see your doctor.

Hope that helps
-Asterie

Old 06-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #4

justakid HB User
Thanks, I will try it. But they still itch and if itching causes the problem then it seems like an endless circle.

Old 06-11-2003, 06:48 AM   #5

mascara mess HB User
Put Vagisil Anti-Itch Cream on the area. It's really soothing and takes away the itch like *snaps fingers* that!
I've used it b4 on an itchy part of my armpit that turned red from my scratching it, and it helped it heal right away. The ingredients have vitamins E, A & D and it's just great stuff for this kind of problem.

Closed Thread