It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 08:08 PM   #1

Slappy101 HB User
Question Yet Another Scar ?

I have this small red scar on my nose that I have had from rubbing a pummit stone while scrubing my face back in Nov. (Very dumb I know). So it's been 7 months and it is getting better. I have applied every scar cream/jell, jojoba with all kinds of vitamins, cp serums, ect... It was really raised before and now it's down close to skin level. When my face is wet the red scar is very visible, but when my face is dry the scar seems to fade about 70-75 %. Very wierd. But my problem is that the scar will go a week when it looks like it's vanishing and then the redness occurs. I heard that it would take up to a a year to make the redness go away but I was wondering if I go see a dermatologist to see what they can do about this. What will they give me if anything. I heard of cortizone injections. I cover my scar really well and it's not really noticable when I cover it but I am just sick of covering it and I want the redness gone. My skin heals very fast as sometimes the scar peels from all the gells , creams and vitamins I put on it. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Old 06-04-2003, 09:59 AM   #2

kevdude HB User
i have the same problem here. funny how all the creams, cp serum, etc. help u. they only make my scar redder. Must be an irritation.

One thing that REALLY works is a silicon patch. U can buy this from ur local drug store. Its basically a silicon patch. Buy a brand that is self adhesive to ur skin so that u don't have to tape ur surrounding skin up and cause a rash. The one i use is spenco. These patches are a miracle. jjust get it in contact to ur skin and it'll soften up the scar and make it alot less redder. i am seeing progress each day ever since i used it 10 days ago. FYI, I had this scar for 10 months and before using the patch, it only seemed to get larger and redder!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 10:44 AM   #3

Slappy101 HB User
Where is your scar? Mine is on the left side near the bridge of my nose. It is the size of a pea. I have tried scar zone which has silicone. I will try the patch although I have no clue how it would stick in this odd location. Do you wear it at night? Thanks for replying!

Old 06-05-2003, 07:04 PM   #4

Slappy101 HB User
Could someone please tell me if you know what a dermatologist would give me?

Thanks again!

Old 06-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #5

Slappy101 HB User
bump ^

Closed Thread