It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #1

aggie123 HB User
Post i need to fix my skin!

ive been wearing foundation since i was 13.. now im 18.. it has clogged up my pores pretty bad.. i really would like to stop wearing the foundation but i cant.. my skin is just so nasty.. any ideas on how to improve it?... i have tons of black and white heads.. which i will have taken out with a facial.. but i have scars from pimples ive popped.. and my skin tones not very even.. any idea on how to even out my skin tone.. and get rid of the scars.. so i never have to put a drop of that foundation or any kind of make up on my skin again.. thanks

and does any one noe any way to get rid of back acne FAST?

Old 06-09-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

AutumnMist HB User
I used to be like that, I would always wear foundation and my skin was kinda messed up because my skin tone wasn't even. But try to gradually step down from using foundation, like use a translucent and try to fix your skin, then pretty soon you won't need any. That's what I did, now I only use foundation for under my eyes. Wash your face with something containing triclosan, like Clean & Clear face wash, moisturize, and your skin should look good enough so you don't always have to wear foundation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #3

devin butler HB User
what if your a guy, what can you do to smooth and bring out the tone of your face?

Old 06-11-2003, 05:37 AM   #4

mascara mess HB User
yeah, I had clear skin until i started using liquid foundation which caused me to break out on my face.

I recommend Bare Minerals powder by Bare Escentuals. that's what I use and soon after I started using it my acne cleared immensely.

However, like you, my concern is the acne on my back. Isn't backne that the worst? I can't wear spaghetti strapped shirts because of it. I'm going to start taking vitamin B5 everyday. On the Acne Board on this site they're all raving about how taking vitamin B5 (pantholenic acid or something) clears up acne in a month. You're supposed to take 10g (20 pills of 500mg) per day until it clears, then just 3 pills a day thereafter to maintain. That's like 7 pills with each meal. fun fun fun stuff. : \

Btw, gig em aggies

Old 06-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
(male)

FargoUT HB User
devin:
Men have been ignored long enough!!! Now that we're supposed to have good skin too (thanks a lot Brad Pitt!)... most of the products that work for women work for men, although not all. Neutrogena has a Men's line, but I don't use it. Aveeno has some good products to help bring out the tone in your skin. Try that--I love Aveeno's stuff. Also, using an AHA solution once a day would bring out the tone too. Um... not sure what to advise on there. I just ordered AquaGlycolic and people rave about this stuff. Expensive though. However, just look for a product that contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids to improve skin tone.

Closed Thread