It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2003, 09:54 PM   #1

Gurl25 HB User
Unhappy chicken skin!!HELP

I'm 19 years old girl..and i have the most discusting thing ever .. my skin looks like chickin skin, i have ingrown hair with pores like u can actually see them on my legs/thighs/butt, it's almost on everywhere.. the hair gets coiled up in the pore and never comes out unless i scratch it or something..it's really bad..I can't shave cause my skin would bleed..i dont know what to do to it...it's making me depressed, it's inteferring with my sexlife as well..if u can help me with what to do please don't hesitate to post a message! anything would be appreciated..thanks

Old 06-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
(male)

FargoUT HB User
Read the "Bumps on back of arms" post. I just wrote a long thing about this problem. Also, maybe you want to look into "Tend Skin". It's a product that apparently does wonders for ingrown hairs. It's a bit misleading since it is expensive. Maybe you should just try using an AHA lotion like AquaGlycolic? Or try a BHA lotion, something with salicylic acid? Or how 'bout both?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2003, 10:54 PM   #3

Gurl25 HB User
Ok thanks alot! But which product is the best among all of them?..and where do i get it from? .. and what are the chances of the use of a product, i mean am i gonna get rid of the problem? .. Thanks alot

Old 06-18-2003, 02:42 PM   #4

jdist HB User
Hi,

It sounds like you have Keratosis Pilaris. I found a pretty effective treatment for this condition on this board several weeks ago, and have seen a vast improvement since I started this treatment. The one major rule is that you have to do it EVERY DAY, or it stops working.

In the shower, use Dove Nutrium Nourishing Body Wash with a loofah (not the natural kind since those hold bacteria, but an exfoliating cloth, or they sell these neat exfoliating gloves almost everywhere, I even saw them at the dollar store, and those work great). Scrub the problem areas really well. My bad spots are the backs of my arms, my thighs (front and back), and even my lower legs. When you get out of the shower, dry off and then apply Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment to the trouble spots. It comes in a small white pump bottle, and I found it at Wal-Mart in the facial cleansing section. DO THIS EVERY DAY. I saw a difference in my skin immediately, especially on the backs of my arms. I also take a pre-natal vitamin every day, don't know if this helps or not, but my nails and hair are healthy from it.

I have really sensitive skin and suffer from eczema, so I can't go out in the sun, but I've heard that a half-hour of sun exposure late in the afternoon (when it's not so hot, and with sunscreen, of course) helps with the keratosis as well. For shaving, I've started getting my legs waxed, and that keeps the in-grown hairs and razor burn from being a problem.

The bad news is, they don't have a cure for this bumpy skin condition, and mine is about 80% improved, so I've accepted the fact that I'll never be smooth and perfect. But you can make your skin feel softer and smoother to the touch with this treatment.

Good luck.

J.

Closed Thread