It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
Unhappy ladies--sweating armpits

I saw a post about methods to use to reduce sweat such as certain-dri, mitchum, and men's deodorant. For those of you who responded, do you use mitchum for ladies or for men?

Old 06-18-2003, 06:28 PM   #2

babygurl HB User
I cant remember if it was the men's or the women's mitchem. I had really sweaty armpits, so bad that I could only wear dark colored shirts because I was embarrased by the wet spots. I have been using the certain dry for about a month now and it works really good. And best of all no more wet spots. I even bought new shirts in light colors and havent had a wet armpit yet. I use the certain dry at bedtime and then secret platinum in the mornings. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2003, 10:38 AM   #3

littleloo HB User
You may also be suffering from a condition called Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). If you do a search on the internet for "Excessive Sweating" or "hyperhydrosis" there will be lots of information (products to use) that may be of some help. I have been suffering from this condition for at least 5yrs now and thought it was the deodorant I was using. It very well could have been, but, I tried so many that I knew it was me. In fact, it was so awful that I had to change my clothes at least 2 times a day and I was always trying to hide my arms (very embarassing trying to hide the sweat). I've been using a product called Drysol for the past 4mths and have noticed a considerable amount of change in sweat. I only have to apply the product 2 times a week and hardly ever have to use any deodorant at all. It's not at all that expensive either, it cost me approx $15 Cdn. I am finally comfortable with myself and I haven't been spending nearly as much on laundry detergent!

Good luck to you and hopefully you find something that works!

Old 06-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #4

stephbabie HB User
I use the Mitchem for ladies...roll on. It works well; well better than others I guess. I do like Dove stick too. But sometime I'm more wet than others or getting stinky. It varies, which is annoying.

Old 06-21-2003, 01:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
Thanks for your replies everyone. Your advice really helps because its embarassing when my light colored shirts have yellow srains on the armpit area. I think I will try either certain dry or mitchum. I dont know about certain dri because I like to take showers in the morning not at night.

Old 06-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #6

digitallatin HB User
Thumbs up

hello i was suffering from sweaty arm-pits too and i read all of the posts on the site...and then i seen a reply about using regular deoderant not an anti-perspirant but just a regular deoderant like old spice & right guard aerosol....i used mitchum for like 2 years and it was the best stuff, i never sweated but i guess over time with excessive use ...your body develops a reaction to certain chemicals...and can cause u to sweat more due to the alluminum in the anti-perspirants and this reaction can be triggered by emotional stress, so i decided to go out and buy me a regular stick of deoderant and magically i stopped sweating ....i mean ofcourse i still sweat but now i sweat like a normal person does....trust me if it wasnt for this site and me seeing that reply about using regular deoderant ..i would of done the whole..MAXIM,DRYSOL,BOTOX,SURGERY thing to stop sweating but if you already havent tried the regular deoderant thing give it a shot...it might save you alot of money and pain....look on the label on the back of the deoderant make sure it doesnt have and aluminum-zicronium ....tetrachloro hydrex in it or any aluminum for that matter...

Closed Thread