It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #1

Luckyladi HB User
Angry HELP! HELP! Get the RED OUT!!!

I always find some way to make a mistake and regret doing something to my hair! I recently wanted to darken my nautral color and then add some new fresh blonde highlights- well my darker color had a real deep red/brown tone. I hated it and went for an even darker color to cover that- well it was a cross between a brown/black. I got use to that! But still wanted the blinde highlights- so I put in a frosting kit. I didnt leave it in long enough and the highlights were orange/red. So in desperate measures I went to the store and got a med ash brown color (my natural color) well I messed up and washed my hair before coloring so my hair still has a light rusty color. (strawbwerry blonde) It looks light ash brown in the area's I didnt originally highlight- those areas are now strawberry blonde. Should I try and re-highlight my hair as the color it is now? Like where the strwberry blonde is???? I need some serious advice! I want the red out and the outcome to be a light ash brown with blonde highlights. I have seen the Hair Color Remover in the store but am a lil skeptacle to try it! Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!
P.S. I am to broke right now to go to the Salon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Yes, you and me both! I have old highlights and orange-colored hair on the new growth from trying to dye it blonde when the highlights grew out. I dyed it again in a week (something I would NEVER do unless truly desperate) and just got more orange instead of blonde.

I've dyed my hair for many, many years and never had this problem. My mother recently got red hair from a blonde formulation too. What's the problem with these new preparations? Neither of us ever had this happen until recently. I think they're phasing out the peroxide and putting milder ingredients in--but at the expense of not getting hair lightened to the extent it should be! Personally, I'd rather have something more harsh done once, than damage my hair twice in a row and still not get what I was after. This is the worst my beautiful hair has ever looked in my entire life!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread