It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

TILLY19 HB UserTILLY19 HB User
was this a Raynauds attack

I'm pretty sure I have Raynauds. Sometimes my fingers go white, then blue and hurt. I've been to the doc and he said it probably was, but that is not why I was there so I didn't pursue it. The other day it was close to 40 out and I got my bike out. I had 2 pairs of gloves on and was only out for 20 minutes. My fingers got so cold and hard and hurt like H&*( !!! I could barely open the door when I got home, but they didn't turn white like normal. They hurt so bad I thought I was going to throw up and I almost cried. After they got warmer (maybe 20 minutes later) they felt like they had been rubbing cardboard boxes all day. They burned! Is there anything that helps with Raynauds, like homeopathic stuff? Anything??? Man, so much for skiing this year. I hope this doesn't put a damper on my outside stuff!

Last edited by TILLY19; 02-12-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: was this a Raynauds attack

It could very well have been a Raynaud's attack, but might have been brought on by your gloves being too tight, since you mentioned wearing 2 pair. Gripping your handlebars too hard can cause it too. And needless to say, a combination of those 2 things can be very painful -lol- I found out the hard way. It is good that you didn't lose circulation as evidenced by your fingers not turning white or blue. Try using gloves inside mittens, if you need 2 pair or one pair with good insulation and wicking capabilities. Also, make sure your gloves or mittens have plenty of padding on the palms for riding. Make sure that your core stays warm and those little instant hand warmer packets are fantastic to use and will last the length of your ride. Don't touch the bike's handles, or indeed anything cold, without gloves. There are medications for Raynaud's but they are pretty serious stuff and it is better to handle it mechanically if you can. Being smart about staying warm and not touching cold things, and watching out for restrictive clothing should help you stay active in cold weather. I live in a cold snowy place and have more attacks in summer than winter. I cannot speak to homeopathic remedies because I don't have a very high opinion of them. The little hand warmer packets are better value, in my opinion and are available all over the place, and some discount stores carry them bulk. There are many brands so you should be able to find them with little difficulty. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

Wrkg Mom HB User
Re: was this a Raynauds attack

I have the same things happen but with my feet. It has gotten progressively worse the last couple of months. I live in the south and we dont have really cold winter. The other night I was at my son's baseball practice wearing socks and tenis shoes, it was in the 50's and after 20 minutes at park my feet were burning and numb feeling. It took the fifteen minute ride home with floor vents on high and then a 10 minute soak in hot tub to get the feeling back and the burning to stop. As i type this now sitting in my house my right foot's toes are white and numb/burning. The temp in my house is 70. I dont know what to do or where to start. My endo (that i just found a year ago) just announced to his patients that as of June he will no longer accept or participate in any insurance programs. I am so discouraged. Any advice or info anyone can give would be great

Reply Reply