It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #1

LiSa42069 HB User
Red face eczema

anyone know what works for eczema? my skin is always extremely dry no matter what i do! anyone know a good body wash or facial cleanser or anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 12:13 PM   #2

NaSade HB User
I have like 3 friends that have eczema, and they all have cream for it.. I guess they got it from the doctor or something, so you should probably ask you're doctor. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
I have had it for years, I can't even be in the sun or lay in the tanning beds, which I guess is a blessing, but I have to use a very high SPF when I am in the sun.
My Derma Dr. gave me a script for triamcinolone acetonide ointment and it works great. I wish they would come out with some kinda pill for it, maybe in the future. Also my Derma Dr. told me to after taking a shower, vaseline or crisco grease.... I know it sounds nasty but it does work...something else, I took a pump bottle and put like (a lite oil) peanut oil or olive oil, or you can use vegetable oil .....and put it on after a shower (before you dry off)they all help to keep the moisture in your skin. Hope that helps.....

[This message has been edited by sakara33 (edited 06-05-2003).]

Old 07-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #4

scentless_apprentice11 HB User

macadamia oil and lots of it works well!

keeping the moisture in the skin is most important.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:26 AM   #5

ozzifella HB User
G`day,

After suffering (and i mean suffering!) with Eczema for 22 years (since i was born) i have tried just about everything on the market for my eczema including prescription medicines and ones from the health store and all did next to nothing,But do you know what has helped my Eczema more than anything?,Having nitely baths in either a oatmeal based bath oil or Pine tar based bath oil,Thats it! and my eczema is nearly all gone and i would say im 95 percent cured.In theory,I think any kind of bath oil suitable for eczema (available at your chemist) that is moisturizing would have the same affect as the stuff i use,I say this because i live in Australia and dont know if you can get hold of the stuff i use.

All i do is add the required amount to my bath luke warm only and sit back for about 12-20 mins while the oil does its job,then gee out ,lightly dry myself and apply a good moisturizer like Cetaphil "Green label" within minutes of getting out the bath to lock in the moisture.I urge you to try it for yourself as it has been a god send for me.

Hope i helped a little
Steve

Old 07-07-2003, 11:26 PM   #6

Heath conscious HB User
Hi all eczema sufferers,

My 7 yr old suffers from eczema and is helped by a nutritional supplement. Let me know if you wish to know more.

Regards
Health conscious

Closed Thread