It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
Post warts

hi im 15 years old and i have a wart on my thumb ive treid everythin to get rid of it even cutting the wart right down till it bleeds and it still comes back HHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLPPP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
I have read where duct tape will remove warts. Do a search on duct tape & warts. You'll find instructions on how to do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Put tape over them and keep it there for several weeks. The warts can't survive under there with no air.

Old 06-02-2003, 10:14 PM   #4

bob101 HB User
don't listen to any of the old wives tales about using frog's breath etc,for removing warts.i had 2 of the darn things and spent a fortune on all this wart removal stuff and it did nothing. the only way to get rid of them is to get your doctor to freeze them off.it's just a little blast of freexing air and the wart will blister up then it's gone-magic!save your money!even my doctor laughed when i mentioned the brands i used!!!!good to a doctor me old son!!!!

Old 06-03-2003, 05:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
My daughter's derm froze her warts off three times, then finally admitted she should try the tape remedy since the freezing wasn't a permanent solution for her.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 AM   #6
(female)

Genevra HB User
I have a stubborn plantar wart. I think I let it go too long before seeing a doctor. Tried the over the counter stuff. Tried duct tape. Now, I've had it frozen with the liquid nitrogen three times. I'm trying the nitrogen one more time, and then it is onto a cancer treatment. That one requires a needle to the foot!

Get to the doctor early, and it will probably only require one treatment if you are lucky.

Genevra.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:47 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
thx for all the replies al try some of the suggestions you came up with if you have any more plz keep them comeing in

Old 07-06-2003, 04:27 PM   #8

silvermoon HB User
Apply egg white to the wart every morning and every night. My mother-in-law once told me to use egg white to get rid of a bad corn on my foot. It worked, so I tried using it on the wart I had on my ear. Believe me, I was thrilled when I saw that wart shrinking away and after a couple weeks it was completely gone.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:52 AM   #9

deliciousmess HB User
There's this stuff called Thuja - it's an ointment you can get from the chemist or maybe a health store in a little jar. I'm not sure if you can get in the UK coz I'm from Australia. But you can get it off the net.

You just apply it to the wart a couple of times a day for a week or so, and the wart will either disappear in that week, or start to shrink over the next few weeks after you stop using the ointment. I have never known it not to work, and I am constantly lending my jar to people! It's gentle, and it doesn't burn through regular skin like other wart treatments. Highly recommended

Old 07-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #10

scentless_apprentice11 HB User

getting them burnt off hurts less than getting them frozen..i've had both!!

go to the doctor, it's seriously the easiest way!

Old 07-08-2003, 02:10 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
Warts take a long time to go away. My doctor had to freeze it tons of times. Imagine how mad I was when it finally disappeared but then one started to grow on my other thumb. Eventually I got rid of that one too. Try doing a search on the internet. Maybe that will help.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #12

kbunch HB User
Hey, I just have to laugh when people say wear tape, or duct tape. You tell me a teenager that is going to go around wearing duct tape on their thumb for a month. I know that I'm not!!! I had like 15-20 little bitty black seed warts on my thumb and my doctor put liquid nitrogen on them and they went away. What happens is within a few hours you get a blister and after about a week even though you are not supposed to, I would pick at the blister and the wart would be gone. I think that's the best way. Its safe and easy. And better than duct tape.

Closed Thread