It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #1

NiceDay HB User
Post Tiny Bumps Under Skin on Fingers????

About a weekago, I started getting these little blisters on my left pointer finger. They would pop and the skin would get dry and hard, and peel off leaving raw skin. Now the tip of my right finger has all these tiny blisters "under" my skin. And the layers of skin over these blisters is very hard. When you feel my finger, you can tell that the tip is raised. And I type on a keyboard all day, so this hurts too. What the heck is this? And does anyone know how to get it to go away? I am kinda poor right now, so I don't want to rush off to the doctor if I do not need to. Thanks!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2003, 05:13 PM   #2

sueadams HB User
Smile

Hi Nice Day!

I had this too! Hard little blistery things, but they started off as a small patch on my palm and I ended up with raw skin on both palms and finger tips (OUCH!) I went to a dermatologist he said it was "dermatitis"(wow, like I hadn't worked that out already)and sent me on a 6 month wildgoose chase (no dairy, all sorts of meds and creams-even suggested anti depressants- etc) nothing worked. Got so bad I ended up bandaging my hands (they were unsightly and they REALLY hurt!)
Anyway to cut a long story short had to go to my family doctor with a totally unrelated problem and he saw my hands and said "At bedtime put on hydro-cortisone cream and a pair of examination gloves" the result after a couple of nights was nothing short of miraculous! Anyway if your finger gets any worse try the same with just a bit of plastic wrap over your finger! Know it sounds weird but it really does work!
Daughter in law has a patch of psoriasis on her back that flares up occassionally she puts her cream on at bed time wraps the wrap around her body and she says it always works too.
Anyway it's a cheap and easy solution that I hope works for you too!
All the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #3

sweetdreamer96 HB User
It sounds like the same thing I have. My doctor told me it was eczema. He did give me a steroid cream to clear it up. He also told me to use antibacterial soap and cream that didn't have any fragrance in it. He suggested I use Eucerin cream (not the lotion). Put a good coating on at night before bed and put a pair of cotton gloves or cotton socks over my hands. It is a little expensive but it does last a long time and it worked wonders for me. My eczema started when I was working in a daycare and we used a water and bleach solution to clean things and it was getting trapped under my rings and causing a reaction. I still get an occasional flare-up (my doctor says it is most likely caused by stress) and I just use the Eucerin and it is cleared up almost overnight.

Good Luck

Closed Thread