It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2003, 08:11 AM   #1

The Queen HB User
Exclamation BAAD sunburn on nose from boating

So...i went to my dads house at the lake this past weekend and stayed out on the boat most of the time...got pretty sunburnt...my face was really bad...most of the time i have makeup on to keep from getting sun on my face but after getting in the lake a few times that all came off...so i was bare faced, my boyfriend also got burnt really bad...his nose was blisering and oozing before the day was over. Then low and behold mine started oozing last night. The bad part is i work in the beauty industry...i know, i know...i should have known better and put on some major sunscreen BUT i needed a lil sun. Now i dont think i can go to work like this...any quick fixes or any help would be appreciated!!! My face looks horrible and it hurts to put makeup on.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:36 AM   #2

Diva Ree HB User
Don't put lotion on until the warmth is gone (it's going to peel, there's now stopping that). Use cool and tepid water to help your skin release the heat. Use gel type aloe based products until the heat is gone...then you can use a lotion to help moisturize. Just like with a cooking burn, the saying is to put your hand under cold water, don't put butter on it...it holds the heat in, and you stay burned longer. This works for sunburns also...NO lotion until the pain is gone!

GENTLY exfoliate when your skin isn't tender anymore, it will loosen the skin and make it look better than having big peelies hanging off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread