It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #1

speshol HB User
Post scars on wrist,,please help....

Hi
I apologize if I posted this question in the wrong place but here it goes.
I'm 18 and for a short while I used to cut my wrists for reasons I won't go into, theyre short scar marks that arent bad but deep enough where they have left short dark scars on them, I dont think most people notice but today someone did and he asked what happened, and I didnt know what to say, I said I had a cat (I know, lame) but I honestly didnt know what to say. I feel bad I knew they would scar so thats why I stopped to keep it from getting any worse.
My question is how can I help these scars fade any faster?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Inactive

bgirl HB User
Check out the posting "how do i get rid of skin redness?",from ccmakes3.I wrote 2 replies to her, in the second one I wrote about jojoba oil ,I think this could be your answer.Use for along time , your skin may need one tanning season plus, to fade the scars.Drink alot of water ,8 glasses a day,more if you are excercising .This will keep your skin cells hydrated and healthy.Good luck!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #3

just_imagine HB User
I've had some success with fading scars by using a few different methods. One huge one is TANNING. Another is exfoliation of the skin on a regular basis, either by using a grainy exfoliator (St.Ives Apricot Scrub), an AHA/BHA exfoliator (St.Ives Renewal Cleanser), or probably the best thing I use is a facial brush along with The Body Shop Vitamin E cleanser cream. These products are designed for the face, but I have used the brush/Vitamin E on my bikini line and inner thighs before for ingrown hair scars and I noticed a difference after a month. Feel free to try on your arms...there's nothing to lose, right?! Good luck!

Old 07-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #4

just another girl HB User
Thumbs up

i was a cutter too and i used scargo and now the only time u can see them is when i get really really cold

Closed Thread