It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2003, 04:06 PM   #1

RodrigosVictoria HB User
Thumbs down Dark Upper Lip, Nice Feminine Girl

My upper lip is darkening. I stayed out of the sun for 6 months and still it was dark. Now that summer has arrived, of course, it's getting darker. But if it's going to be dark anyway, I'm not gonna stay out of the sun! Any ideas for lightening the skin? I've tried cream hair bleach in longer durations, but it doesn't help. I'm on birth control and can't get off. It's so embarrassing!!

Old 06-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #2

WVSLP HB User
Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem. The skin above my upper lip is darkening. It looks like I have a little mustache, but I don't at all. It's not from hair. I'm freaking out ... don't know what to do. I'm beginning to be embarassed to go anywhere. Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 02:33 PM   #3

WVSLP HB User
RodrigosVictoria - I went to the doctor today and was told I have Melasma. She is going to make my an appointment with a dermatologist, but didn't sound very positive about the whole thing. I was told to positively use sunscreen if I'm going to be out in the sun, as that is what makes it darker. I'm feeling quite hopeless, but wanted to tell you what I had found out. Good Luck.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:39 AM   #4

harper HB User
I also have this prolem as does my sister. Has anyone successfully used Hydroquinone 5% (the skin lightener) for this??

Old 07-19-2003, 06:47 AM   #5

snowey HB User
I have melasma too from BC. It is on my upperlip, forehead and a few spots on my cheeks. My derm recently gave me a precription for a new cream called Tri-Luma. It is a short term lightener for melasma that you use for 8 weeks. I have been using it for 8 days so far and it has really lightened up most all my spots. The spots on my forehead are almost completely gone and the area above my upperlip has really lightened as have the spots on my face. My derm told me it is very important to wear sunscreen all the time. If you go without sunscreen the spots will come back! Also my Gyn switched me from Ortho Tri Cyclen to Tri Cyclen Lo to see if that would help. I must say that I am really impressed with the results of the Tri-Luma already - I'm hoping that after my 8 weeks that the spots will be completely gone!

Old 07-19-2003, 12:31 PM   #6

kehcorpz HB User
d'oh
I'm experiencing the opposite, my lip upper lip is light while the rest of my face is darker. Maybe we should trade some skin cells to balance it out =\

Closed Thread