It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #1
Inactive

DSanchi HB User
Unhappy Colorless Moles

Can anyone relate to this and offer any help?

I have always had alot of beauty marks since I was a child, but after I turned 25 I started developing large colorless moles all over my face that have totally changed my once attractive appearance into something I want to hide. It started with one on my forehead, then I got one on my temple, then 2 appeared suddenly on my lower lip and one came out of nowhere on the side of my nose. I am afraid to look in a mirror because everytime I do I notice that there are more of them in their baby stages just waiting to grow big and further ruin my face. The worst part is, they seem to keep slowly growing over time while all my dark beauty marks and moles have reaches a certain size and stayed there. What is this and where does it come from. My elder family members have a few of these protrusions here and there, but I am a young woman suddenly feeling disfigured.

Please help if you can. I've tried everything and no dermatologist seems to want to help me. They made Cher and Michael Jackson into new people, I refuse to believe no one can take off a damn mole!

Thanks for listening....
Desperate in New jersey

Old 07-15-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

dianabarry HB User
It might be seborrhic keratoses? These moles usually run in families. my mom has them pretty bad, and my dad has a few. i am 25 also, whenever i see a mole popping up, i take it off myself with a nail clip. if this is what you have, i can understand, it is very depressing to think that i will get my mom's moles. anyone who looks at me now will not see them, but i take my magnifying mirror, and i do see them. i always pluck them out though. they are usually a dark color though, maybe you have something different, since yours are flesh colored. i don't have any on my face, just on my neck and a few on my chest. they are very tiny and flat. i think you can have them frozen off with liquid nitrogen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2003, 04:26 PM   #3

IteachAG HB User
Hey. I'm 44 and have been getting keratosis sice I was in my mid 3os. My mom is covered with them. I go to the derm every 2 years or so to have them frozen off. See a good dermatoligist and he can freeze them for you. They turn black and then fall right off. It's not painful. Mine are mainly located on my trunk, but I am noticing some popping up on my thigh . I've also had some on my hands before, but had them removed. My mom has let hers go, so needless to say she looks very "warty". I've gone to a dermatoligist before who refused to help me by removing them, but finally found one who believes in removing anything that makes me feel self conscious. You will continue to get these, especially as you age, but you can keep up with them and have them removed periodically. Good luck!

Closed Thread