It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2003, 07:48 PM   #1

flexnfx HB User
Question Fat Lumps/Cysts

I have noticed over the years cysts/fat lumps forming in random places on my body. They're not noticeable and my doctor says that they are benign (non-cancerous) and hereditary.

Anyone else out there have this? If so, outside of having the doctor remove them, is there anything that can be done diet wise or skin care wise?

Old 06-26-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
flex~

I have the exact same condition. I'm a lipoma girl

My dad has this also. He also had some taken off and within a year they grew right back.

I don't know what to do about them. I have two on my forearm and two in my inner thigh. You can't see them, but you can sure feel them.

lumpy, bumpy me~ Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 07:56 PM   #3

flexnfx HB User
Wink

reneeintx -

It's good to know this isn't some unheard of thing. I had one right above my eye and had it taken out and it never regrew (it was also surprisingly unoticeable. I do however have 3 on my forearms, 3 on my stomach, and 2 on my inner thigh (all unnoticeable), but they are weird.
The one I had removed cost me so much $$ and I would hate to spend it again just to have it regrow!

Old 06-26-2003, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

clinda HB User
I have two on my inner thigh and one on my right forearm. My Dr. told me the same thing! Guess it is just that I know they are there and wonder if they could ever turn into anything. He says mine are benign too! But you still wonder!!

Old 06-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #5
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
Flex & clinda~

I was told mine was benign also You know my boston terrier has some on her, but visible. I'll be getting her teeth cleaned and she'll be under anesthesia, so the vet said they can zap them off with a lazer while she is under.

Her's look like little skin tags.

You won't believe this but the teeth cleaning cost $300 dollars The reason why I'm doing it is, along with the tarter she has a lipoma on her upper gum, he said it will bother her as it can get bigger.

There goes the new tv [img]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Bye!

Old 06-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #6

flexnfx HB User
Does anyone know if these thins are attached to the skin or if they are just free-floating?

Old 06-29-2003, 12:07 PM   #7

flexnfx HB User
Red face

Here's what will sound a bit bizarre, but has anyone ever tried to remove one these themselves?

Old 07-02-2003, 03:50 AM   #8
Inactive

Lavender76 HB User
My husband has several lipomas. They are fatty tumors. Some people are predisposed to having them. I talked him into having the one on his forearm removed by a plastic surgeon because he had this big lump and it wasn't that big a deal. The made and incision, cut it out and stiched it up. It's not covered by most insurance, but I would check. There's whole websites where people talk about lipomas because some people have them all over. One of thing I have read is some docs are using liposuction on them. I have read that if one gets big enough and is starting to grow inwardly that it can press on other organs,for instance if you had one on your side. I have one samll one on the back of my upper arm for years and it looks like a raisd bug bite. I should have had it removed years ago, but it is not really unsitely. If it was I'd get it removedd. Do look at some of the websites. Just type in lipomas. There are even support groups for people that have the chronically.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:01 PM   #9

gardenut HB User
Wink

I've been told I have the same thing. Mine was under my ribcage. It's about the size of a plum. I don't consider myself obese - I'm 125 pounds. I just found another one today, just under my shoulder blade...I saw it protruding in the mirror. I'm not sure if I should bother going to the doctor again. I'm sure glad these are all benign, but it DOES make me nervous. My doctor said he could biopsy it if it bothers me, but I guess they are quite common, right????

Closed Thread