It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #1

dragonrider HB User
Question Help my girlfriend has chronic blackheads on her inner thighs.......

Please help, my girlfriend, 40, has had chronic blackheads on her inner thighs, underarms, as well as other body areas such as under her breasts, lower pubic area(labia majora), ect. Does anyone know of any OTC, homeopathic or even prescription treatments / remedies?

This has been a problem for her since her early to
mid-twenties. This is when she says she started gaining weight. Since she is over-weight, can this be a cause, or is it just a coincidence.
Her weight and other "problems" are not an issue in our relationship, other than I worry about her health.

The skin on her thighs tends to either fold over the blackhead/heads, or the pores angle so that the head is up to a quarter inch or more "below" the pore opening, but angled, therefore just under the outer epidermis, making it nearly impossible to get to the blackhead and therefore cant get them out. Also the white thick (sometimes jelly like) stuff thats underneath the "black"head/s smells really bad. Some of them are full of the white stuff, under the black"head".

She is a very clean person. She bathes/showers daily and wears loose clothing most of the time except for areas like her waist(some slacks/jeans), bra strap area, ect.

I have been attempting to talk her into seeing a dermitologist, but I cant get past her perception that there is nothing that one can do about her skin problems.

She also tends to get boils on her waist, rump, under her breasts, and or on the sides of her torso under where her bra stap lies.

Sorry this post is so long, its just I cant get any clear answers from web searches on blackheads, mostly about facial acne, and I would like to be able to give some kind of difinitive information.

Any help with this would be greatly appriciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 01:25 AM   #2
(female)

Angel~Eyes HB User
maybe she should lose weight i'm not sure or she could use teatree oil shower gel . i use neutrogena clear pore for my nose blackheads it pushes them out

hope this helps

good luck
eYeS

Old 06-25-2003, 12:53 AM   #3
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Hi,
I wanted to ask what ever became of this? My sister has the same problem. Did your girlfriend ever find anything to help this? Thanks

Old 06-25-2003, 01:18 AM   #4
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Me again
I just did my own internet search and found boils are common in people with diabetes. Is your girlfriend a diabetic? Maybe she should have a glucose test done to find out. Apparently, it is one of the most common symptoms of being diabetic. Good luck

Old 07-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #5

heavyhair HB User
Thumbs up

My sister swears that witch hazel applied to the skin twice daily on clean skin helped the black heads and bad skin on her inner thighs. The skin problem is definalty related to weight gain though. I never had any problems with blackheads on my thighs until I gained so much weight. Originally, I would get an occasional boil, but since I gained weight, the blackheads have appeared. Try the witch hazel and good luck on your search.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:19 PM   #6

MessyGirl HB User
Tendskin them.

Old 08-19-2003, 05:54 AM   #7

jaguarjmz HB User
Hi, You mentioned the odor of the substance that comes out. Just about any foul odor that comes from our bodies is directly related to bacteria, eg. feces, BO, bad breath, urinary tract infections etc. What that can be related to is Nutritional issues, and or toxicity that the body is trying to get rid of, there are more factors also.

------------------
I'm Happy

Closed Thread