It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Arrow removed my mole myself..

About 2 months ago I cut a mole on my leg off..with scissors (DUMB I know). It was a flat mole..not one that pops out, so I couldn't really cut all of it off. The middle of it scabbed but grew back a couple weeks later. Well, I've been reading stuff and I'm worried now..could this thing turn cancerous? How would that work? It wasn't cancerous before I did this..at least I don't think it was

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 02:14 PM   #2
(female)

Zipity HB User
Sorry, but that was pretty stupid. Go see a doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Unless it's bleeding and looking infected, I wouldn't worry too much. I've never heard of something like that causing cancer, but believe me, you'd know it if it did turn. Keep an eye on it, and if it starts getting bigger, or bleeding and itching alot, changes color or just starts looking 'funny', then yes, you should go get it looked at. But if it looks ok right now, there isn't a thing your doctor can do unless there's a problem with it. He can't look at it and say Yep, it's gonna turn to cancer. So please, don't worry about it unless it's not healing, and put away those damn scissors.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
The act of cutting it off isn't going to "turn" it cancerous anymore than if you'd left it alone. Don't worry about it anymore than you'd worry about any other mole. It should heal fine.

I did this once when I was a teenager and I'm now middle-aged and everything turned out fine. It did eventually grow back though over the years and I've recently had it removed again by a doctor this time.

Old 08-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
I wouldnt worry too much. It grew back because you didnt get at it completely. i removed a mole from my arm with a needle and tweezers. Turned out great I dont even have a scar really, just a mark. Its much less obvious than the mole that was there.

Closed Thread