It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2003, 01:38 AM   #1

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
Post Bumps on elbows

I have these tiny, sometimes flesh-colored, sometimes red, bumps on my elbows. Very rarely does it itch. I used to get it a lot in the summer, but this is the first time in a few years that I've had it. I've tried cocoa butter because of the results I've had with it using it for dry skin, but all it seems to be doing is moisturizing the area so it doesn't get flaky.

What is this? And what can I use to get rid of it? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #2

shortygal HB User
I also get the bumps on my elbows, but mine itch. I get it in summertime also, worse when exposed to the sun. I wish I knew what the heck it was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 07:03 PM   #3

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Smile

Granuloma Annulare. It usually goes away, maybe not totally, yet does reduce in size, color and itchiness within 18 months. I had cortizone injections at the site at my dermatologists. They first thought psoriasis, tested negative. Then Simplex Lichen Chronicus , again negative. Ive significantly reduced in size, color, and itchy and flakiness over a 2 yr period. Its now summer and Ive noticed them to become inflammed but not as severe as initial outbreak.

Old 07-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #4

iamlotus HB User
Thumbs down

Oh my god I have those too! They are on both of my upper arms, and they turn red if i pick at them. They never really itch but i hate that I have little bumps all over my arms. I have tried putting Eucerin on them every day but no kind of lotion does it - so I know it's not dry skin or something. What exactly is it called and how can I treat it?

Old 07-16-2003, 02:41 PM   #5

iamlotus HB User
Actually my bumps arn't arranged in a circle or anything. I was doing research on them and i'm not even sure if i have that Grannula stuff. THey just look like little bumps, kinda like zits but they're not. If anyone knows what i can do to get rid of them please tell me!!

Old 08-26-2003, 07:04 PM   #6

naturalred1 HB User
Try making a paste of water and equal parts baking soda and the Aveeno Oatmeal Bath powder and applying it to your elbows. It will reduce redness and swelling. Do not rub your elbows or use soap on your arms. Good luck!

Closed Thread