It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #1
Inactive

Toree HB User
Unhappy Ongoing battle with facial dry skin...

I am in my early '50's and have patches of dry, patchy skin that looks awful under foundation. I have used Almay, Oil of Olay, Cellex-C, Cetaphil, Clinique Moisturizers and none have stopped it. It doesn't get worse or better. I only cleanse my face with Cetaphil facial cleanser, no soap or water.

I drink 6 glass of water everyday and night and use vitamins as part of my routine. I have not started any new meds or changed my eating habits. Is there a product that anyone can recommend that would help or any suggestion that I could try?
Thank you...Toree

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 10:31 AM   #2
(female)

vuitton HB User
Hello, have you tried going to the dermotoligist? Sometimes its a condition you need a perscription medication for. And that medication might clear it right up! Since you have already tried all those other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 01:56 AM   #3

kris36northerner HB User
try Almay Milk Night Cream. It's the ONLY thing i've found i could wear and my skin does not feel dry at all. also, during the winter months i use rosewater on a cotton swab to help keep it from getting chapped. you can get a bottle of rosewater at walgreens for 3 bucks

Old 09-01-2003, 01:57 AM   #4

kris36northerner HB User
sorry, not just rosewater, but its "glycerine and rosewater"

Old 09-01-2003, 10:06 AM   #5

AliB HB User
Have you tried jojoba oil? I've been using it for about four months now, and have had great results. My skin was much as you describe yours; dehydrated and flaky (but mine is prone to breakouts). It's now much smoother and healthier looking. I use the jojoba oil as a moisturizer morning and night. I also find that if I wait 5-10 minutes after applying the jojoba oil before putting foundation on, it glides on really nicely.

Old 09-01-2003, 10:31 AM   #6

Msbugg HB User
Yes, it was the jojoba oil that finally did the job and even more. Not only is the dry patchy skin gone but after a few months use, my skin looks smooth and healthy..I am very impressed with this oil. I use it morning and evening then after waiting a few minutes, I apply a good cream moisturizer. Also I have found using Cetaphil cleanser instead of water is much better. Thanks...
PS. Even though it says 'Msbugg, I was Toree' had to change my user name for some unknown reasons.

Old 11-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #7

charley98 HB User
[QUOTE=Msbugg]Yes, it was the jojoba oil that finally did the job and even more. Not only is the dry patchy skin gone but after a few months use, my skin looks smooth and healthy..I am very impressed with this oil. I use it morning and evening then after waiting a few minutes, I apply a good cream moisturizer. Also I have found using Cetaphil cleanser instead of water is much better. Thanks...
PS. Even though it says 'Msbugg, I was Toree' had to change my user name for some unknown reasons.[/QUOTE]

hi, i have dry skin on my face, its like sand paper, what is good for it, and where can i get the jojobab oil?

Old 11-20-2003, 06:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Re: Ongoing battle with facial dry skin...

Jojoba Oil is available in most Health Food Stores and over the Internet. Jojoba oil is the only product with a molecular structure that is small enough to penetrate the surface layer of the skin. It can be used straight, or mixed with some Vitamin E and any other 'scented' oil of your choice as long as it is a moisturizing/conditioning oil such as Sweet Almond Oil, Passion Flower Oil, Sunflower Oil, etc.

Usually, jojoba oil comes in 6oz containers. To help prevent pre-mature againg and to help heal very dry skin, mix 1oz. Vitamin E oil to the 6oz. bottle of jojoba oil. If you prefer to add a scented oil such as mentioned above, add only 1oz.

When Vitamin E is added to the mixture, it will help to prevent 'free-radical' molecules that lead to aging. Vitamin E on its own can do nothing but sit on the surface of the skin due to its very large molecules. When mixed with Jojoba, the jojoba oil penetrates the skins pores, opens them up, then draws the vitamin E in after it.

Apply only a couple of drops of the mixture every morning and every night. If you apply too much, your skin can only absorb a certain amount, and the rest will sit on the surface and make your skin feel 'oily', but this is mostly the vitamin E as it is a much heavier oil.

Closed Thread