It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2003, 02:08 AM   #1

HelpMeImBroken HB User
Unhappy My ENTIRE body keeps itching!! Help!

Ok, this has been going on for about 6 or 7 months, I'll try to keep it brief. Almost every day, once or more, I get these SEVERE itching attacks, that affects my whole body. They come on randomly, sometimes it seems stress brings them on, sometimes I can just be lying down watching a movie and I'll get it. I break out with a rash on my forearms, my chest, my legs and my neck. No soaps/detergents have been changed, I haven't started eating differently, etc. Since it has been going on so long i've been able to evaluate it to the best of my knowledge. I recently lost my job, so I have no medical insurance, which is why I come here for help. These attacks are SO severe, that they sometimes bring me to my knees. My chest and neck turn bright red. The rash goes away minutes after the attack is over with, and when it's over, my skin feels totally refreshed. Scratching doesn't help this. I have noticed that being in a warm environment brings these on, along with nervousness & stress. Before i get these, it seems my hands start violently iching, and about 20 minutes later or so, the whole body goes nuts.

If theres anyone out there that can possibly help me with this, I would be so grateful, because I can't seem to find answers ANYWHERE!

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
Inactive

cjdc HB User
I AM BY NO MEANS A DOCTOR. BUT DURING MY DIVORCE MY DR. GAVE ME "VISTERIL". IT DIDN'T DO A WHOLE LOT FOR MY STRESS BUT THE LITERATURE, DR. AND PHARMACIST ALL SAID THAT IT IS USUALLY USED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE REACTIONS (ESPECIALLY DUE TO STRESS) LIKE YOU EXPLAINED. IT'S NOT A BARBITUATE. IT'S WORTH LOOKING INTO OR ASKING YOUR DR. ABOUT!

HOPE IT HELPS!
GOD BLESS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #3

HelpMeImBroken HB User
Thanks a lot for that info! I'll definately check up on it.

here are a couple more details:

My body temperature rises SIGNIFIGANTLY during these episodes (the only relief at all is standing outside half-naked when it's 30 degrees).

Also, a couple more examples of what triggers this are:
A video game makes me mad? I get itchy.
Exherting myself in any way, like vacuuming, washing my car, etc, i get itchy.

I feel that I can't do ANYTHING anymore, and it's starting to bother me, bad.

Old 01-20-2003, 09:16 PM   #4

crcaz HB User
U might want to try caprylic acid(natural antibiotic), kyodophilus or pb-8(probiotics) to restore friendly flora in your body and destroy deadly bact. Minimize sugar consumption including citrus fruits and dairy. Include a high fiber diet(40+ grms). Drink lots of water (atleast 8 cups). Do some cardio to perspire toxins within the skin. This has rid(almost %100) me of an unexplainable localized body itch. HTH

Old 01-20-2003, 11:03 PM   #5

HelpMeImBroken HB User
thank you so much for that reply. does anyone know where i can find caprylic acid, kyodophilus or pb-8??

definately worth looking into

and as far as the cardio goes, that is almost impossible because of my situation. i had to stop 3 times making my bed this evening, all 3 times i felt itch attacks start to come on. i'm telling you, this has taken control over my life.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:10 PM   #6

HelpMeImBroken HB User
i just did some reading on all those ingredients, and they all are for making you poop! not to mention the 40+ g high fiber diet..

what is the deal with that?

Old 01-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #7

LLO HB User
Lightbulb

Take an antihistamine (Benedryl, Allegra). It sounds like you're having an allergic reaction to something. Good luck!!

Old 01-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #8

crcaz HB User
Eating a clean diet w/ moderate to low glycimic index foods will take you to about that much fiber intake.

The supplements causing excess BM- I think not -u might want to do more research on those ingredients. U can buy these at any health food stores.

Old 01-27-2003, 02:42 AM   #9

ArizGal HB User
Unhappy

I'm new to the board, hoping that someone, anyone can help me. I read HelpMeImBroken's post and my problem is very similar. I get these "Itch attacks" Bad ones. They will start either with my hands begin to itch, OR my feet Or my face. With the itch I begin to swell. Welts begin to form. (i.e. Welts like when you get snapped by a wet towel. Not like a hive.) The itch is unbearable. I have changed bath soaps, stopped using all lotions, creams and powders after bathing, have not changed eating habits at all etc.. trust me, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. The ONLY thing that helps is taking 2 or 3 antihisatmines (depending on the severity of the attack) And needless to say, Its night night time. It's pretty sad that I have to knock myself out in order to get thru these attacks. Does anyone have any idea what it is? I am 42 years old,(if age is any factor) Please, I am not be melodramtic here, I am miserable.. It brings me to tears everytime one of these begin because I know what I am going to be in for AGAIN. It use to happen about once every 2 - 3 days, now it is daily and sometimes 2 times a day. I apologize for the length of this post, but I am begging for help.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:35 AM   #10

crcaz HB User
Chances are if u have used antibiotics frequently in the past, or maintained a high sugar diet your itching could be caused by candida albicans.

Topically, a quality aloe vera w/ clotrimazole 1% works better+safer then topical steroids. Other topicals(but have not tried) coconut oil, oregano oil, petroleum jelly, misc. -saunas/sun tanning/cardio (sweating).

Internally, Probiotics(product eg. Primal Defense,kyodophilus,pb-8)w/ Natural antibiotics (eg. coconut oil, caprilic acid, grapefruit seed extract) are recommended.

Also, high doses of non-synthetic selenium, and/or Pau'd'arco are known to help.

Be careful of candida die off... start slow, drink lots of water, high fiber diet, sweat daily. Hope this helps.

Old 01-30-2003, 05:34 PM   #11

r_c_dragon HB User
I have the same problem. When I start to do anything strenuous or sweat my the skin on my back neck, and head itch like crazy. Can I be allergic to my own sweat? And does the change in diet described in the previous post really work?

[This message has been edited by r_c_dragon (edited 01-30-2003).]

Old 01-30-2003, 08:36 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

franjo HB User
Not to freak anybody out, but if the itching that HelpMeImBroken is experiencing happens in warm environments (is it mostly at night?) it could be scabies. The itching they cause is very intense and they often are commonly found on the hands, among other places. A family I know were just treated for this, it is very contagious, but can easily be treated. They described the same itching described above....just a thought to consider.....franjo

PS. It used to be considered that scabies was caused by poor hygiene, but now it is known that anyone can acquire these parasites. They generally pass from hand to hand contact. Even the doctor who treated the family I mentioned said he and his wife had had them.
Spina-bifida occulta; Congenital Scoliosis (dextrorotatory and 'S' curve, 42 thorasic and 57 degrees lumbar); Meningomyelocele (split cord @ L1); Diastematomyelia (re-sectioned at L2-3); tethered cord @ S-3; cysts on cord; various developmental abnormalities of the spine: narrowing of all disk spaces, defects in posterior arches, ectasia of the spinal canal and dura, segmental disease, sclerosis in L. iliac bone and adjacent sacroiliac joint, unilateral osteitis condensans ilium, hypertrophic facet disease L4-5 and L5-S1.

Surgeries include, but not limited to:
Lumbar fusion-1968
Fusion with Herrington Rod instrumentation-1970
Femoral osteotomy-1971
Tethered cord release-1987
Rod removal-1987
Chiari-type pelvic osteotomy-1988
Trochanteric osteotomy-1989
Tethered cord release-2003
Fusion with instrumentation with lots and lots of screws-2003

Old 03-23-2003, 10:53 AM   #13

DONWAGNER HB User
The items that were mentioned above that you described as being to help you poop, along with other bacteria, like acidopholus(hope I spelled that right), like what comes in milk with it added are helpful bacteria that are supposed to be present in the body. Unfortunately, processed sugars destroy them and most people by middle age have little to none left(getting sick and fevers can also kill them off). Once they are gone, you have to put them back from another source, although they can grow on their own once a culture really gets going. I wouldn't think that they would fix the problem you are having, but they are very beneficial for a large number of things. Your overall health can be severely affected by the body not processing your wastes well and these bacteria also help break down the things you eat so that it is more biologically available.

Old 08-30-2003, 05:11 PM   #14
Inactive

satty1 HB User
I also suffer from this. But what i have found is that there are ways to make it happen less. Like having baths with warm water if anything more towards cold rather than hot. Also i go to the gym alot and for some reason if i go for a run after the first 5 minutes of unbearable itching i actully cant tell after that i guess its becoz i start sweating. also after this even if i have a bath with hot water it doesn't happen again that day i guess its becomes the pore in my skin have been opened. I heard this happens due to blocked pores and sweating under then skin thats why it itches. Has anyone found a succesful cure for this yet?

[This message has been edited by satty1 (edited 08-30-2003).]

Old 08-31-2003, 01:39 PM   #15

tropicali HB User
I had the exact same problem. I would get welts and everything and I itched and... ugh. It was SO frustrating!!!! I went to my pediatrician (it was when I was 16/17) and she sent me to a dermatologist, an ENT, and an allergist, which led me to a cardiologist (????)... I had SO many tests done and it led to nothing. I had to stop taking my medication (minocylcin for acne), so all my acne came back.. and the itching continued.. I was put on allergy meds and the itching stopped.. On vacation two years ago (during the life of the prob), I decided I was going to stop taking my allergy meds.. I did and two days later, the itching came back full force... I had to take TONS of Benadryl (which knocked me out.. unless I took non drowsy, but then I felt like I was flying...high... yeah). I started taking my prescription allergy meds again and the itching stopped.. then I stopped taking the meds and the itching never came back... even when I am stressed.. being stressed used to trigger bad reactions, but I'm OK now. The dr's never figured it out... I have no idea. Hopefully your's will just disappear, too? Hang in there. I know how horrible it is!!!!! You're not alone.

Closed Thread