It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #1

SaFIREeyedAngel HB User
Question Why is my face PEELING! - HELP PLZ!!

Can somebody please help me!!
My skin is SO freeking dry! I was using Proactiv <--- an acne helping (topical) cleanser! I E-mailed the company and told them how dry my skin is and they said to stop using the product for a week (untill my skin wasn't so dry) because Proactiv has Ben. Peroxide in it, it has a tendancy to dry your skin
BUT I haven't used it in a week and my skin is still peeling...(When I say peeling I mean after I wash it it feels very VERY tight and dry! And after my face drys there are "patches" where the shin flakes off! there are other sections that look like I've pit rubbing alochol on it! Some patchs don't flake off and I am forced to peel them off myself and they bleed and sting!!)
I wash my face 2 or 3 times a day with Alveno facial soap. and put coco butter on my face afterwards in hopes to replenish the moisture! But it dosen't help! I even tried puting "100% pure aloe on my entire face after I wash it... and it is still dry and tight!!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! OR WHAT CAN I DO SO THAT MY MAKEUP DOSEN'T LOOK SO NASTY OVER MY FACE! HOW CAN I HELP MY TOASTED-FLAKY SKIN!!ANY RESPONSE'S WILL BE GREATLY APPERCIATED!

Old 09-20-2003, 06:15 PM   #2
(female)

gobbleduck HB User
I've had horrible peeling skin before due to acne meds. I would recommend only washing your face twice a day with a very very gentle cleanser, such as Purpose, Cetaphil, Basis, or Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. After washing, spread a little tiny bit of jojoba oil over your skin. Don't be worried that it's oil - it won't cause you to break out. After the oil sinks into your skin, follow up with a good moisturizer such as Aveeno or Eucerin. I wouldn't try to treat the acne until your skin stops peeling. Once it does, I recommend you try a sulfur or salicylic acid based treatment and avoid benzoyl peroxide altogether.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread