It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #1

kellyckmaks HB User
Question Mystic Tan...

I was wondering if anyone has done this and what results you got from it? I've been wanting to try it but I wanted to hear what other people thought about it first. Thanks for any info.

Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2003, 08:09 AM   #2

miamijen HB User
Thumbs up

I tried this while in L.A. for a few weeks and absolutely loved it! It's a bit pricey$20/session...but you literally come out completely tanned! Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully...and use the barrier cream liberally! I am hooked and will definately use again! :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 08:45 PM   #3

WhoppersYUM HB User
Thumbs down

I wouldn't do it if you want to look completely natural. I just recently tried it and I followed the directions completely. It left me with nothing but streaks and after three days it doesn't seem to be going anywhere no matter how hard I scrub. Other self tanners don't work to even it out for some reason. Good luck if you want to try it but just be warned - don't do it for any upcoming events.

------------------
BJ

Old 05-28-2003, 08:13 AM   #4

HappyGal10 HB User
i loved it, made me a nice golden brown. the only thing i hated about it, and why im not sure i can use it again, is because im an athlete and i run ALOT and when you sweat, your sweat is BROWN and it would turn my white tanks or shirts brown when i was running!! it washes right out, but i wasnt too keen on running around town with brown stains all over my shirt!! but if you're not an athlete or dont workout much, GO FOR IT!!

Old 05-28-2003, 11:03 AM   #5

littleloo HB User
I've actually had a few friends try mystic tanning and they weren't very pleased with the results. However, they tried airbrushing instead. Do you have any tanning salons near you that does this.

You apparently go into a room and take all your clothes off, except bra, underwear, if you prefer, and the girl/guy working at the salon actually uses a hose and airbrushes a tan on you and it is supposed to look 10 times better than mystic tanning and lasts for about a week.

Where I live the cost is approx the same price as mystic tanning.

Good luck!

Old 05-29-2003, 11:27 AM   #6

WhoppersYUM HB User
littleloo - I just signed up for the airbrush tan next Tuesday. Does it really work? I have fair skin and I don't want a super dark tan nor do I want it to look fake. Is this really worth it??? Thanks!

Old 05-29-2003, 12:56 PM   #7

littleloo HB User
Whoppers,

Apparently the airbrushing does work. I know a girl that works at a tanning salon and actually does the airbrushing and she said she'd never go back to mystic tanning. She actually had it done on herself and it looked natural. It does give you an even color without streaks and supposedly they have different shades that will co-ordinate with your skin color.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out whatever you decide.

Old 06-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #8

WhoppersYUM HB User
Hi Littleloo,

Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately, the wedding has been called off - something the groom did. So I'm not going to do the airbrushing at this time but maybe in the future I will give it a shot.

Have a great day!!

------------------
BJ

Old 06-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #9

allyd HB User
Who wants to go and stand in front of someone for 10 mintues getting sprayed by someone with an airbrush? I don't get it...my friend had it done and said it looked HORRIBLE!!

I do the Mystic all the time and it's awesome...the first few times you do it, is a little bit of a learning experience...but when you get the hang of it...it's great. You go in a room BY YOURSELF and are only in the booth for about 30 seconds...then you dry off with a towel and your done!! So easy!

It's NO COMPARISON to an airbrush machine!!

Old 06-11-2003, 08:55 PM   #10
(female)

preciouskitty HB User
I was so excited when I saw the results of Mystic Tan. I couldn't believe how natural and even it came out. I knew it was for me. Until a few days later when my back and chest broke out. It was horrible and embarrasing. Its too bad that my skin had some sort of reaction cause it was looking so nice. I guess its back to the beds for me.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:27 AM   #11

Rezh HB User
Question

I recently had two sessions of the Mystic Tan. I liked the results. However, something has happened and I am trying to find out if it is just a coincidence or if it is related to any of the ingredients in the spray. I have been using the new birth control method, Ortho Evra Patch for little over year without a problem. But, after the first session of Mystic Tan I got a very bad rash under and around the patch area. I thought it was an isolated thing, and didn't think about the tan, so I went back the following week for another spray. By that time I had placed a second patch on a different area of the skin, and another rash appeared under the patch. I stopped getting the spray and although the rash still appears wherever I put the patch, it is not as bad and it is diminishing with time, and each patch change.

My suspicion is that my skin does not react well to the combination of ingredients in the patch and in the Mystic Tan. Therefore as the tan is wearing off, my skin is no longer exposed to both the patch and ingredients in the Mystic Tan, so my skin is not reacting to it.

It has been two and a half weeks since the last session of Mystic Tan. Could some of the products still be on my skin? Have you heard of anybody else experiencing something like this? If the ingredients in the spray do react negatively with the patch, could I continue to use the spray as long as I cover the patch well, or do the ingredients in the Mystic Tan travel throughout the body/skin?

Please respond with any information you may have, and please be aware that Ortho Evra patch users may develop a rash in the patch area when using Mystic Tan.

Old 07-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #12

tina*too HB User
Exclamation

one of my good friends did it for a winter formula we had at school... it can out good the first time and she did come out dark. as you know when you get it the mystic can dye your clothing so i wouldnt wear white if you decide to do it! and for the downer, as the mystic faded she said lookin more orangey and the color started pealing. after about 2 weeks it starts looking kinda old/gross.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:08 PM   #13

scrivner HB User
I was diagnosed with a melanoma skin cancer in Dec 2002 so I tried the mystic tan several times. The first few times I did it it worked great...I loved it. So far this summer it has caused a terrible rash that itches extremely bad. I would guess it is the DHA in the product...it is worse if I sweat or get hot. I have even tried self tanning lotions and sprays...they also break me out. I even tried the hypo-allergenic ones. I have not tried the spray tan yet...going to have to find out if it contains the same chemicals as the mystic tan. I would definately recommend the mystic tan though...I loved it...it's a lot easier than applying the self tanning lotions yourself and your tan is more even. I am devasted it does not work for me.

Old 09-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #14

Timoth Lord HB User
I've tried Mystic Tan three times so far, and it hasn't done a lot for me. I'm normally pale, and I
got just a little bit of color after each treatment, but no one would call me tan. I exfoliated each time right before the treatment, and I've tried it with and without moisturizing beforehand (once with their recommended moisturizer, then once with my normal moisturizer). I also wiped thoroughly the first two times, then just dabbed the last time. It worked out about the same each time. Next time I'll try it at level 3.

I'll be checking around to see if I can find cheaper airbrushing. The salon I go to charges $70, compared to the ~$20 at my gym for Mystic.

Rehz, I've had reservations about Mystic because they don't reveal the ingredients. I worry about methylparaben (a female hormone), which is in most off the shelf tanning products and other skin lotions. A coworker's wife had to stop using Vaseline intensive care lotion because her gyne told her to cut out the methylparaben.

Anybody know where I can find a breakdown of the Mystic Tan formula?

Old 09-03-2003, 01:38 PM   #15
(female)

babycarolann HB User
MYSTIC TAN= LOVE IT!

Closed Thread