It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2003, 05:49 PM   #1

elnkar HB User
Question peeling skin on palms/underside of fingers

My palms and underside of my fingers peel constantly. First I get white circles with a hole in the middle and then the skin peels off in sheets. It's so embarassing. Does this happen to anyone else? What can I do for it?

I've tried every type of moisturizer imaginable. Can anybody help?

Thanks...
Ellen

Old 10-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
(female)

sourpunch HB User
im not sure if i had exactly the same thing as you had, but only my fingers peeled. it happened right where your thumbprints are. theyd peel, and were DRY!! it was weird b/c i always had rather soft hands. it seemed as it it just happened all the sudden. i think it lasted for about 2 weeks. what i did was just peel off the excess skin and then immediately put lotion (neutrogena body moisturizer norwegian formula) it seemed to work pretty good,as it dissappeared after excessive reapplication. but im not sure what yours could be. now my hands are lookin swell as ever... hopefully your hands are better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
I would check with your dermatologist - it could be excema, could be psoriasis, or it could be a irritant, contact, or allergic dermatitis.

Old 10-15-2003, 08:07 PM   #4

buzz_saw HB User
I had that excact same thing several years ago. I was losing skin on both hands, it was peeling off and the skin underneath was quite red. It did not hurt as much as it annoyed me. I worked with paper all day and that seem to really irritate it. I saw a dermatologist and although we never found what the problem really was (i.e. reaction, allergy, something else) we treated it with a steriod cream called triamcnolin (sp?) daily and I wore thin white gloves over my hands all day. It was odd and weird but it went away and never came back, thank goodness.

Closed Thread