It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

Shy One HB User
Unhappy Small red freckle - like spots

These small bright red spots have been apearing on my skin lately. They're not pimples or scabs... they're like freckles but bright red. I first noticed one above my breast but now there are three on my chest and one just suddenly apeared on my forehead. I have never seen anything like this before. Does anyone have any idea what these might be?

Old 10-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Wink

Sorry about your freckle ordeal! If you search the web you will find some information on what they might be. If you don't...then go to your GP and he/she should help you out! Good Luck!

Ear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2003, 12:03 AM   #3

KeithFromWIndsor HB User
I have the same thing. I've had them since high school. They appear now and then. I asked a very intelligent teacher and he told me it was nothing to worry abou but had no explanation, i asked my doc and he said the same thing

Old 10-15-2003, 03:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I have those also. A few i've had since i was young and the rest turned up more or less after 30 yrs of age (i'm now 36). Often they take years to grow, some stay tiny and others grow large. They are referred to as a cherry angioma, due to their bright red colouring. Do a search on the net and you will find pics and info. They are not cancerious, but apparently if you make it bleed it takes ages to stop the bleeding. I have read in places that they can be removed like other moles.

I wish i knew why some people get them and others dont. There must be a reason for it.

Old 10-15-2003, 04:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
if they are cherry hemangiomas they are easy to get rid of..go to the dermatologist and he will take a little probe and zap them right off..i have had lots of them removed..its a little sting but better that than walking around with them

Old 10-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

tpopescu HB User
Hi, I might know what you are talking about. I get these small dark red spots too and asked the doctor about them and he said they are small blood vessels that burst and are normal and go away. Mine do after a while so if yours don't maybe they are something else.

Closed Thread