It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #16

serenityelf HB User
Re: Itchy skin: (groin, scrotum, & anus) fungus/yeast

[QUOTE=CouldUseSomeHelp]I have not found the floraquin at the local drugstore. i have been trying garlic tablets, and now am using talcum powder as a drying agent to reduce itchiness. this course does work, but no cure as yet. i'm going to go back to the azoles, with higher topical doses, at longer time periods. I hope this works.[/QUOTE]

I had cancer several years ago which wrecked my immune system. I got a yeast infection that could not be cured. I have now been free of it for many years after following a low dose, long term (3 month) treatment of diflucan.

I also used and continue to use to prevent any further problems tea tree oil. It's helped tons of my friends. You can get it in an herbal store, drugstore or many other popular stores. You use l0 - 15 drops to a cup of warm water and thoroughly cleanse the area. I use it before and after making love and after every time I go to the bathroom. However, now that I no longer have any infection, I use 2 - 5 drops in the same amount of water. It is a wonder remedy. I've given this tip to half a dozen women on the net who swear by it now also, some who've had infections either bacterial or fungus for years. It is an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and a deodorizer. I think you'll love it.
Remember not to rub or scratch the area as you will only make it worse.

Let me know how this works for you.

Last edited by serenityelf; 01-06-2004 at 01:57 PM.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #17

mikess HB User

i need to add my two cents here.

i have had this condition for 3 freakin years. i am in cronic pain because of it. right when you think it is gone, it comes back. i no longer have a sex life or life. i am in pain 24/7. i have gone to tons of doctors and they have not helped. i have been hospitalized for depression because of it. i am 32 and beleive i will have to live in hell for the rest of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 07:59 PM   #18

serenityelf HB User

[QUOTE=mikess]i need to add my two cents here.

i have had this condition for 3 freakin years. i am in cronic pain because of it. right when you think it is gone, it comes back. i no longer have a sex life or life. i am in pain 24/7. i have gone to tons of doctors and they have not helped. i have been hospitalized for depression because of it. i am 32 and beleive i will have to live in hell for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]

Try what I suggested; it worked for me and I had the condition for many more years than you have. Good luck.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:43 PM   #19

CouldUseSomeHelp HB User

[QUOTE=bjg]could it be
Scabies
Scabies is an itchy condition of the skin caused by a tiny mite (Sarcoptes scabiei).

I only wish it were scabies.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:01 AM   #20

CouldUseSomeHelp HB User

Tea tree oil at approx. 12% in a mineral oil ethylene glycol gel, did not work. Back to talcum powder. Anyone with a cure? Please note.

Old 03-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #21

CouldUseSomeHelp HB User

update: still no cure found, have used the following: ketoconzole 1.5 mths, clortrimazole 1.5 months, noticeable improvement (barely noticing itch), however three days after cessation of use of drugs, noticeable return of itch. nystatin is similarly effective. drying powder non-medicated, effective for long-term treatment of symptoms, not a cure though. have searched for floraquin, has a 65% iodine base, will try iodine, and see if any skin/allergy problems associated, have used ozonated olive oil (ozone being a strong anti microbial agent) no success: skin dries, severe burning sensation, skin thins, candida is opportunistic, taking advantage of thinner epidermal layers, have used tea-tree oil diluted to 12% in a gel-like mineral oil (johnson and johnson), not effective: causes too much moisture, and little effect against pathogen. inner thighs became very inflamed, and no cessation of symptoms, will be searching for other treatments.

Please, those of you who have similar problem, post your replies, and attempted treatments, all contributions are helpful.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:22 PM   #22

CarbonFiber1 HB User

Sorry to hear your condition... I know, I have it too... However I've managed to live with it for 10 years! Although the quality of my life has suffered greatly, and it has and continues to threaten my marraige. I've spent thousands on doctors and products. So far, no luck...

I actually no longer believe this is a "skin" problem. I think it is something else that is causing the symptoms. I came across an article on the web by some doctors discussing this problem, and one thought it might have to do with a damaged or pinched nerve. It was interesting, and made some sense. Particularly where my problem occurs mostly while I am sitting.

The only thing that seems to help is mineral oil on the area, and a good anti-depressant... Next I am going to see what the Chinese can do for me. I'll try anything, accupuncture, sacrificed goats, voodoo, feng shui, etc...

Old 04-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #23

annafunk HB User

Hello Everyone ,

My name is Anna and I have this very same problem. In my online research, I've come upon something that I think might be of help

I'm researching the possibility that this itching, burning, yeast problem is a symptom of a deficiency of magnesium. Also, a low level can cause a myriad of problems, including hypertension and diabetes.

I know this sounds simplistic, but it isn't. This new (to me, at least) research amazingly relates all the problems I have begun having in the last few months to this one cause. I am going to try this remedy and I will post the results. On at least one sight, the remedy may take as long as three months. On another site, one person noticed improvement within 24 hours.

Thank the Good Lord, it was also mentioned that eating chocolate (in small amounts) helps add magnesium back into the system. How wonderful a "prescription" can THAT be?!!

Before anybody does anything, research this for yourselves because there are plenty of professionals stating that taking potassium, calcium, and even zinc can affect magnesium levels and absorption, and problems of other kinds, too, like diarrhea and leakage -- and some remedies for that, too. And, of course, certain foods help or hinder.

Also, magnesium deficiency is related to dozens of other problems, including tinnitus, cluster headaches and migraines, constipation, leg cramps (I have restless leg syndrome, too), and lots of heart related problems.

If anybody comes up with something else, I'd just love to know about it. I cannot use talcums and powders and such, because of other skin conditions that have little or nothing to do with this problem. And I am borderline diabetic and hypertensive so I have to be careful about other stuff, too.

Thanks for posting all these comments and suggestions. They've already helped me a lot!

Anna

Last edited by annafunk; 04-25-2004 at 12:24 PM.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #24
(male)

sbecket HB User

In regard to the symptoms several people have been describing that are consistent with candida, I think the magnesium suggestion is likely to be a dead end. I've had this problem for over a year, and am able to suppress it (but not kill) it using clotrimazole cream. I've been taking an excellent magnesium supplement (with the silly name "Natural Calm") for months now, which has not affected the candida but has pretty well cured me of muscle spasms and muscle aches.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #25
(male)

yeastfree HB User

I m a male who has suffered many of the symptoms described on this board. Doctors dont seem to have the solution. After awhile my testicle bagan to hurt, and the anal itch got worse, eventually my libido began to diminish. Symtoms kept getting worse. Tried everything. I finally just recently tried THREELAC. Almost all symptoms have dissapeared with minimal dietary change(no sugar). Excercise helps most definitely. Be careful with medications as the yeast becomes ressistant, and the medication also effect the good bacteria. Just my advice, hope you all are well and look forward to hearing from some of you, especially males

Old 02-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #26
(male)

Manuka HB User

I suffer from this badly....or should I say suffered from this ?

I do get the itch back from time to time but on the whole I am nearly mended.

I believe that this was initially caused by too much sweet processed sugary foods and LOTS of bread. I also think that the cause of the itchy Sphincter is Candida based.

Over time I consumed great amounts of yeasty food and also alot of sugar in Cola and chocolate etc. This in turn encouraged the growth of yeast cells and the sugar fed these yeast cells to multiply out of control. The good bacteria (Acidophilus) which colonizes the gut were driven away by the Yeast cells and instead of food being broken down in the gut it was allowed to move through to the bowel in a partially digested state where the yeast fermented with the food and causes terrible bowel gas. Yep my farts were terrible! I had a constantly itchy bottom and felt tired and started getting lots of food intolerances and depression and mood swings which are also symptomatic of Systemic Candida. Meanwhile the yeast was muliplying and being fed every minute of the day......

I craved chocolate and started consuming chocolate at the rate of one large bar every 2 days. Craving sweet foods is another sign of Systemic Candida.

I am now (still) very sensitive to MSG (monosoduim glutamate) in food and had often experienced terrible neck and shoulder cramps and took MAGNESIUM to help with the cramping and tension in my muscles. I also had joint problems too.... This was like the feeling of sand in the joints with knotted muscle lumps around the joint. I spoke with a friend who pointed out that TOMATOES were high in glutamic acid which is a form or glutamate. He said that his Dad was sensitive to tomatoes and got joint pain if he consumed lots of tomatoes and in particular TOMATO PUREE. Hmmm I ate LOTS of pizza's.... CONNECTION ??

Systemic Candida changes the way the body works and makes the distribution of chemicals imbalanced. The Candida sufferer will get food intolerances to the things they eat most of eg: Sugar, Wheat, flavourings etc.

I spoke about my condition(s) to a mate who is a doctor and he said that he was not sure what it was but that if I suspected Candida to buy a CANISTON TABLET which contains 150mg FLUCONAZOLE. This damages yeast cells and stays in the body for upto 1 week. I also used this advise for some more research and found that YOGHURT DRINKS WITH ACIDOPHILUS or ACIDOPHILOUS TABLETS can replace the dead yeast cells and will even help to break the dead ones down ready for exit in the bowel. so I went out and bought some YEAST RAIDERS from Holland and Barrett which contain ACIDOPHILUS and garlic amonst other anti-yeast ingredients

After one week I no longer fancied having lots of chocolate and felt very level headed. I mentioned to my DR mate that I had noticed a few changes in my feelings of well being and that my bottom had become dry and stopped itching and he said that I would be safe to take a few more of the Fuconazole tablets over the next few weeks if I felt the need, so I took another one after 3 weeks. and then another after a month.

My Bottom was better and my dandruff had gone along with athletes foot I had had for as long as I could remember !!

I only ate chocolate on special occasions and my Cola habit just stopped completely. It went from 2 cans a day to ZERO....

I am still very sensitive to Tomato puree and MSG but I have the yeast and itches under control now. One thing that proved to me that it was yeast based was the re-occurance of itching after a Ski holiday where I ate bread and pasta in huge amounts. My dandruff returned too. By the end of the week I got an itchy toe which was cured with athletes foot spray....

After the holiday I decided not to take Fluconazole but to cut out all wheat for one weekand drink an Acidophilus yogurt every day. All returned to normal after 2 weeks of careful eating except for the Dandruff.

[B]CANDIDA-THE SIGNS:[/B]
Itchy Sphincter, Chronic Athletes foot that wont go away, bad wind smell, Dandruff which will not go away, depression/elation mood swings. feeling irritable, craving sweet foods, feeling tired, muscle fatigue.

I hope I have helped you all with my experience and wish you all an itch free life !!

Jonathan

Last edited by Manuka; 02-19-2006 at 07:16 PM.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #27
(female)

Princess256 HB User
Wink Re: Itchy skin: (groin, scrotum, & anus) fungus/yeast

Hello:

I am sure you have "Jock Itch," a fungus infection. There are many products at the drugstores that help. They say it comes back because people don't dry off themselves in those areas completely and leave them moist.

Moisture causes fungus.

Good Luck

Old 02-22-2006, 07:22 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

I know most think it is caused by yeast but I don't think so. I have a different approach for you to try. I had similar problems with my skin and it took me years to figure out why it was happening. Do the following for about six weeks, you'll see a big improvement, it may disappear completely.

1) When washing your clothes (and towels, everything) use only Fragrance free detergents. Do not allow somebody else to use regular detergent in your washing machine as this will still be in there when you wash your clothes. It will take a little while to get rid of previous detergents out of washing machine. Also use nothing on clothes in dryer (no fabric softener etc.)

2) When taking a shower only use soap without fragrance. I think Dove is the best for that.

3) When getting out of shower, dry off effected area with cotton. it's a pain but at least it doesn't have any chemicals on it.

4) For awhile keep cotton around area during day to keep it dry.

You will see a dramatic turnaround within 2 weeks. The redness and flaking will leave. Also, make sure after having sex that you use the soap to clean area and then use cotton. Do this always.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #29
(male)

Stillnot cured HB User

Hola. I had exactly the same symptoms that CouldUseSomeHelp (Itch and redness in genitals, anus (and throat?)). this forum has been amazingly useful for me, because I have spent so much money seeing an urologist!. I started thinking everything should be in my mind.

My doctor told me my problem is nothing. It is caused because I am nervous. Now i started trying FLAGENASE (I saw the formula and it is just the same than Floraquin! plus metronidazol) and it looks that it is working!. I have been using for three days now and it is the best I have felt in the last three months.

I´ve tried everything (just as everybody else here). Now my problem looks to be like a fungus....

if it doesn´t work I will try the three lac.

I would like to know how everything has gone with CouldUseSomeHelp.

Best regards...

Closed Thread