It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2003, 06:53 AM   #1

qteepie205 HB User
Smile Does vitamin E help to tighten skin

I think i read somewhere that it helps to tighten skin is that true?

Old 10-13-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
God - if that were true, my face would look like an 18 year olds I have been using a mixture of jojoba oil and vitamin E for more years than I care to count, and even though it helps with keeping the wrinkles at a minimum, the skin still lacks elasticity due to aging. I have never heard that it would 'tighten' the skin - it can only help to eliminate the free-radical molecules that lead to premature aging.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 07:21 PM   #3

cass999 HB User
im 21. not that im worried about aging and wrinkles yet, but i have a few laugh lines at my mouth. i use vitamin e capsules. they're gel caps, i just pop one open and apply it to the lines around my mouth. the next morning they are invisible. they come back after a few days or so, it isn't permanent. maybe you shoud try them. i also apply a full capsule to my face once or twice a week instead of moisturizer at bedtime.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 AM   #4
Inactive

madara HB User
I think it does but percentage and lasting effects maybe extremely low. I am combining Vit E lotion and Prep H cream and low end looseness it helped before I try big guns like acid peels and exfol and retinol treaments.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
In all honesty, nothing in the world will replace lost skin elasticity. Think of it as the elastic in your favorite pair of sweatpants. After so many washings, the elastic begins to lose its 'elasticity' and will stretch, but not 'snap back' to its original 'newness'.

Everything we use on our faces, whether vitamin E, lotions, potions or creams will not replace lost elasticity. Using these products will only help to lessen the look of the inevitable 'wrinkles' that come with age.

Vitamin E is an excellent anti-aging oil in that it will help to alleviate the free-radical molecules that lead to premature againg.

Now - here comes the chemmistry lesson. The size of the molecules of vitamin E can be likened to the size of a golfball. The size of your skin pores can be likened to the size of a marble. Since a golfball is much bigger than a marble, the vitamin E will only sit on the surface of the skin and 'condition' only that portion of skin that it touches.

If we mix the vitamin E with Jojoba Oil, it can work much more efficiently. WHY? The molecular structure of jojoba oil is thousands of times smaller than that of Vitamin E. The molecules of jojoba oil can penetrate deep into the skins pores, soften them and allow for the large molecule of the vitamin E to be drawn into the pores after, and along with, the jojoba oil.

This is the mixture I have been using for YEARS on my skin. You can mix it in many different proportions. I usually use a mixture of 6 oz. jojoba oil to 1 oz vitamin E if my face isn't very dry and I also use this mixture on my legs, arms, feet and elbows. If my face seems drier, like during the summer months, I will mix 4oz. jojoba to 1oz vitamin E. This mixture is a lot more 'oily' as the vitamin E is a more dense oil. I usually use this stronger mixture at night, or on days when I am home and not wearing any makeup.

Even if you opt for acid peels, you would want to use the 'weaker' mixture to keep your skin in optimum shape. Apply under your makeup, allow it to completely absorb into the skin, then apply your makeup. If it has not completely absorbed into the skin within 10 minutes time (about the time it takes you to blow dry your hair), then wipe off the excess because the skin can only absorb so much of the oils, and the rest is a waste, so apply sparingly.

I am 55 and am told I look much younger - I can certainly say that I look much younger than a friend of mine who is a sun worshiper who is only 42 years old and wrinkled to all get-out. She says she would rather be 'brown' than pale and will worry abotu the wrinkles later, but they will just get deeper and deeper.

Old 10-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #6
Inactive

Alex8 HB User
I was at the drugstore today and saw a bottle of pure Vitamin E. Can I use that (and mix it with Jojoba oil), rather than breaking the Vitamin E capsules? Also I have never seen Jojoba oil. Where can I find it?

I don't like to tan, but I love to cycle so my face has taken a beating. I'm still looking for a hat to fit under my helmut. Anyone know anything, let me know! Thanks.

Closed Thread