It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #1

dandan HB User
Red face Red rash on face around mouth and speckles out to cheeks, help

Hi people i have psoriasis im now 19 coming on 20 and last few months a new skin condition has arised. Around my mouth i get a red rash which is solid in form and then fades outon my cheeks more speckled and not as concentrated. Its dry and sometimes itchy and sometimes its not to bad but then my face feels hot and its really bad and bright. Also when i get out the bath or shower its really bad. The main area around the mouth is slightly scaly. Does anyone think they know what this is? Also few months ago i had it not as bad but it went and was free of it then after say two weeks it would come back then go its on and off but its been on now for longer than usual.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #2

NancyNC HB User
Wink

I had a similar condition, and went to the dermatologist after trying numerous over-the-counter treatments. He diagnosed me with Perioral Dermatitis and prescribed oral antibiotics. The condition improved in days, although I have to continue the antibiotics for a month

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2003, 01:56 AM   #3

amed HB User
Re: Red rash on face around mouth and speckles out to cheeks, help

Try SpectoJel. It's non-prescription, and cheap. It's sold in drugstores here in Canada, should be in the States too. If it works for you, pass it on so others don't need to suffer.

Closed Thread