It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #1

Homer1976 HB User
Strongest sleeping pill

I sleep fine 99% of the time but in the past several years, I have been having trouble sleeping the night before a big event, such as an exam, interview, presentation, etc. I imagine that it's probably just psychological.

What is the strongest sleeping pill out there (prescription or non-prescription)that you would recommend? I'm basically looking for something that will knock me out. I'm also not concerned of the possibility that I will become dependent on the pill, since I sleep fine the rest of the time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:53 AM   #2

fudd HB User
Re: Strongest sleeping pill

In my opinion, the best medication for transient insomnia is Ambien (zolpidem). It is a benzodiazepine-like drug that has the benefit of not altering sleep architecture (stages or patterns of sleep). This is a big improvement on benzodiazepines, which, although they may be stronger, suppress REM sleep. Zolpidem is by prescription only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer1976
I sleep fine 99% of the time but in the past several years, I have been having trouble sleeping the night before a big event, such as an exam, interview, presentation, etc. I imagine that it's probably just psychological.

What is the strongest sleeping pill out there (prescription or non-prescription)that you would recommend? I'm basically looking for something that will knock me out. I'm also not concerned of the possibility that I will become dependent on the pill, since I sleep fine the rest of the time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #3

DaniLou HB User

Thorazine (it is addictive and only prescribed in desperate situations: also ani-depressant)

Old 12-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #4

motoman HB User
Thumbs up Re: Strongest sleeping pill

I was able to stop taking Ambien over a month ago thanks to an herbal pill I found online. The website is: www.greatnightsleep.com

You should check it out.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:53 PM   #5

mveronah HB User

well, Fudd, it is probably better to stay away from Ambien. It is addictive.

I started using Zopiclone now and then since a couple of years ago, when I was on a project in Europe. I have sleeping problem since college so that I've tried pretty much every pharmacological solution, and zopiclone appears to very effective in both decreasing sleep latency and in increasing sleep duration (and doesn't loose its potency as quickly/noticeably as ambien or halcion).Zopiclone is an effective and short-lasting medicine. So far, it has no noticable side-effects on me except for its bitterness. It does bring me a much better sleep when I need. and most important, I am not addicted to it after two years.

After I was transferred back to the States, I found out that Zopiclone was not available in US market yet. But, I've had some luck buying it from [url]www.zopiclone4sale.com[/url] . They offer free-shipping, which usually reaches my hands within a few days.

-Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudd
In my opinion, the best medication for transient insomnia is Ambien (zolpidem). It is a benzodiazepine-like drug that has the benefit of not altering sleep architecture (stages or patterns of sleep). This is a big improvement on benzodiazepines, which, although they may be stronger, suppress REM sleep. Zolpidem is by prescription only.

Closed Thread