It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 06:01 AM   #1

Bitty HB User
Question body temp extremes during sleep

For the last month, when I go to sleep, I go from being cold to being overheated just within moments. No sweats, just extreme heat. I get chilled, put on a cover, have to take it right back off because I'm frying. It interrupts my sleep at least three times a night (not much rest with this going on). I'm okay during the day---this just happens at night.
I have been on Synthroid for the last three years for hypothyroidism with no adjustments in strength of .050 and am going in to see an Endocrinologist in January, but thought maybe, just maybe, someone out there has got an answer or has had the same thing happen. Sleepless.

Old 12-29-2003, 05:09 AM   #2

cloverberry HB User
Re: body temp extremes during sleep

This sounds like something I was going through during perimenopause. Could you be going through menopause. Whatever I would get checked up by a gyn. It might help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2003, 01:21 PM   #3

meghans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty
For the last month, when I go to sleep, I go from being cold to being overheated just within moments. No sweats, just extreme heat. I get chilled, put on a cover, have to take it right back off because I'm frying. It interrupts my sleep at least three times a night (not much rest with this going on). I'm okay during the day---this just happens at night.
I have been on Synthroid for the last three years for hypothyroidism with no adjustments in strength of .050 and am going in to see an Endocrinologist in January, but thought maybe, just maybe, someone out there has got an answer or has had the same thing happen. Sleepless.
I also suffered from this and since I'm only 26, was freaked out that I might be going through menopause early. I'm not. My doctor thinks that it might be hormonal and I switched birth control pills and am now fine. I would also recommend seeing your OB/GYN. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

BARBRA54 HB User

I SO HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I have been having horrible nights. I am freezing when go to bed with my flannels and socks and extra blanket on. By 3-4 am I am wide awake - crimson red (no sweats) and so frigin hot I promise myself I will burn all flannel I own. (of course only to repeat it all again the next night)

I was on climara patch - now off it - no diff. I take xanax and pepcid at night. I can't sleep - I am 49 and plan on calling the dr Monday because this is now my life. I also have aggravating dreams when I do dream. When I don't I just pee every hour or so and watch the clock and wait for morning with my ice pack on my neck.

IF ANYONE HAS AN ANSWER - WE SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IT!

Old 01-03-2004, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

i dont know if i have answers but i take 2 sleepin pills at night to help me sleep and i am the same way i go in freezing and wake up hot as he** but i found sleeping with a light blanket and a fan to keep warm...or cool (whatever my bod wants at the time) but i know in my case it isnt menopause...but i just had my first baby so maybe the fluxuating hormones are to blame

Last edited by ~Winnie~; 01-03-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Old 01-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #6
(female)

BARBRA54 HB User

I guess the hormones are going up and down. I see the gyno tomorrow so will have them checked and ask about something to help me sleep. I AM SO GLAD TO LEARN I AM NOT ALONE with this. I thought I was losing my mind. THANKS for the replies! Now if we could all just stay a comfy temp and sleep...aaaaaahhhh

Closed Thread