It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #1

moose_hedberg HB User
i heard it is possible to learn to sleep with your eyes open, can anyone tell me how

any information would be greatfuly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: i heard it is possible to learn to sleep with your eyes open, can anyone tell me how

Hi,

You'd also have to have drops in the eyes that will keep them moist while you're "sleeping".

What's the reason you want to sleep with your eyes open? I know fish do, but I've never heard of people doing it. Is it actual sleeping or is it more like daydreaming?

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: i heard it is possible to learn to sleep with your eyes open, can anyone tell me how

you can be asleep with your eyes open. Why you want to sleep in class or something? hehe. I'm sure you can learn to do it, by I wouldn't know where to start? It wouldn't change your awareness any. You don't have to sleep with your eyes open to be aware of your surroundings. Actually when you sleep you can have a heightened awareness of your surroundings and you can focus it purposely on certain objects that you want to protect while you sleep, for instance, and if anyone goes near them you will wake up. You can, and a lot of people can (and do), set your awareness to time, so that you will wake up any time that you want to, regardless whether or not you know what time it is when you sleep, or what time you usually wake up, or how much sleep you've gotten. The mind knows so much more than we give it credit to knowing. You don't have to know how it works, you just need to be aware. Try it sometime.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #4

Renee1234 HB User

I've done this, without trying to, but I don't know how to do it on purpose.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

most psychiatrists have mastered this art, they start their patient talking, then they do it, sorry......
seriously I think your eyes would dry out however, some dogs do sleep with their eyes partly open , so they look as if they are awake

Old 04-07-2004, 07:47 PM   #6

gran HB User

My 2 yr old grandchild appears to be slleping with eyes open, and I'd like to know if it's possible and / or normal?

Closed Thread