It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #1

MondayTuesday HB User
Sleepy Sex?

When my boyfriend stays over, he often will wake up and start talking. Usually I know he is dreaming, but sometimes he will ask me questions and wait for answers. Most of the time it's about work or something that happened recently, and other times it's just crazy stuff (I'm guessing from his dream he's having). Also, sometimes he will pull me close and start to rub against me, kiss and or fondle me for a few seconds then go right back to sleep. Has this every happened to anyone else?? I maybe got 2- 3 hours of sleep last night...I love it when he stays over, but I'm starting to think I might need to sleep in the other bed.

I know talking in ones sleep is common, but what about sexual behaviors while asleep??

Last edited by MondayTuesday; 10-01-2004 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Forgot info

Old 10-04-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Sleepy Sex?

I suggest you tell him whats happening and ask him to sleep in the other bed for a while

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondayTuesday
I know talking in ones sleep is common, but what about sexual behaviors while asleep??

I don't know how common it is, but my husband does it too. He will do some sexual or affectionate things and totally not remember it the next day. I know he sleeps right thru it. Certainly if you are having trouble sleeping try separate beds. I choose to think of it as sweet, I know it's not really so, but we joke that he even loves me in his dreams.

Good luck.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:05 AM   #4

Balu HB User

My ex boyfriend did that all the time. It might have to do with a lack of sexual contact. Do you guys have regular sex? If not, this could be a cause of the problem. He would do it almost every time he stayed the night. He didn't even realize he was doing it. Most of the time, he would be half asleep while it was going on. It could also just be him reacting to an erotic dream. If he isn't aware that he's doing it, you have to tell him immediately, especially if it's bothering or worrying you.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

MondayTuesday....My hubby has done this a few times & it is usually when we had intentions of making love and it just didn't pan out....and for some reason his subconcious is still working and we actually get into the lovemaking in the snooze mode. It's actually a great experience if you follow through with it....and I guarantee you'll both be getting better sleep

Good luck....and hope it all works out for you....Goody

Old 10-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #6

jess301 HB User

there was this guy that i used to sleep with---and i mean sleep literally, we were just friends, no sex. sometimes during the night i would wake up to him fondling me, i would just give him a shove and he would roll back over and not even remember it the next day. his reasoning was that he that he was used to doing that when he was engaged...who knows. i think if a swift kick doesn't help, go for teh separate beds--or get a king size i know my sleep has become infinetly more important than cuddling good luck!

Last edited by jess301; 11-27-2004 at 09:10 PM.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 PM   #7

MondayTuesday HB User

Thanks for all the responses! It helps to know it's not just my bf doing this, and it hasn't happened recently. I figure it's a mixture of what you all said...erotic dreaming spilling over and the like. He also talks in his sleep too, so maybe it's linked. He did mention before that he use to sleep walk when he was a kid.

Closed Thread