It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

sleepygonzales HB User
I've been tired all my life! and hungover for 7 years!

Hi, i just joined this forum today..

anyone know wth is wrong with me?
i have been tired since i started school at age 7.. when i wake up in the morning i feel totally depleted, no energy at all.. i have heard i look tired all my life and i have come to accept it.. but then when i was 16 years old (i am 23 soon) i got this weird condition wich no doctor can explain.. it is kind of hard to explain but i'll try..

i feel dizzy all the time but not so much so i would have trouble falling.. i feel like im walking around in a dream, i even feel the unconsious world is more real than this.. i have trouble focusing on objects, especially if they are moving.. so i'm having a hard time driving a car witch is why i dont have a license.. i snore every night i beleive cos i can only breath thru one nostral..

i read some stuff about sleep appnea and it sounded like i could have it but then i talked to a doctor and he was like "but your 20 years old, appnea happens to old fat guys" something like that.. oh yeah my memory sucks also.. and i've been depressed since i was 13 years old with a few months of happines maybe..

my mother said something a long time ago about her borther that stuck in my memory.. she asked me how i was sleeping and i said even if i sleep for 8hrs im still really tired all day.. if i dont have to go up i stay in bed for maybe 9-10 hrs.. and she told me her brother was just like me when they grew up..

this is all the crap i can think of now and this is just a desperate attempt.. if anyone has any idea what is wrong with me than for gods sake drop a reply or an email..[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ] if anyone know any drugs that might help me then please list them.. thank you

/Sleepy

Last edited by moderator2; 01-08-2005 at 12:23 PM. Reason: No off-board contact of any kind, for any reason. No exceptions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

Countrymouse HB User
Re: I've been tired all my life! and hungover for 7 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygonzales
i read some stuff about sleep appnea and it sounded like i could have it but then i talked to a doctor and he was like "but your 20 years old, appnea happens to old fat guys" something like that.
If your doctor told you that then you need a new doctor. Sleep apnea can happen to anyone, male or female, at any age. Even children can have apnea. Yes, it's probably true that the majority of people with apnea are older males who are over weight, any doctor who knows anything about sleep apnea knows that not all patients are going to fit neatly into that stereotype.

Have you had any bloodwork done? Been checked for thyroid problems, diabetes?

You may or may not have a sleep disorder, so many health issues have overlapping symptoms, but I would never trust any doctor who so carelessly and ignorantly dismisses a possible diagnosis with no testing.

Take care.

Last edited by Countrymouse; 01-08-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Sleepy--I have been tired since I was a kid and now I'm 37. I had all those problems you talked about and more. Now I finally got diagnosed and treated for lyme disease and I feel much better after all these decades. Please go to the lyme disease board and see if anything that is talked about there sounds familiar to you. Look at the thread about neurological problems, I think you will relate to it.

Have you had a lyme test?

I hope you get some answers--Sleeperwoken

Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
(male)

sleepygonzales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymouse
If your doctor told you that then you need a new doctor. Sleep apnea can happen to anyone, male or female, at any age. Even children can have apnea. Yes, it's probably true that the majority of people with apnea are older males who are over weight, any doctor who knows anything about sleep apnea knows that not all patients are going to fit neatly into that stereotype.

Have you had any bloodwork done? Been checked for thyroid problems, diabetes?

You may or may not have a sleep disorder, so many health issues have overlapping symptoms, but I would never trust any doctor who so carelessly and ignorantly dismisses a possible diagnosis with no testing.

Take care.
well to clearify he didnt say exactly that but he might as well have.. he also asked me how i felt and i told him about a few events in my life that got me down and he said that i was just in a depression and told me to see a psycologist.. "well now that's a surprise" i thought and just stopped listening to him..

i have seen psycoligist also, when i was 18.. and i have checked my blood.. dont know exactly what they tested me for but i would think just typical stuff.. it was all negative.. i think they tested for diabetes also.. but maybe not..

whats thyroid problems? i'm from sweden so i don't know medical english =P
thanks for replying.. i got on the subject with my parents today and i will finally start caring about this again and try to get healthy..

Old 01-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
(male)

sleepygonzales HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperwoken
Sleepy--I have been tired since I was a kid and now I'm 37. I had all those problems you talked about and more. Now I finally got diagnosed and treated for lyme disease and I feel much better after all these decades. Please go to the lyme disease board and see if anything that is talked about there sounds familiar to you. Look at the thread about neurological problems, I think you will relate to it.

Have you had a lyme test?

I hope you get some answers--Sleeperwoken
could you tell me a little more about your problems? i have never ever heard anyone with the same symptomes as me.. how did you get diagnosed? i'll go read on the lyme disease board right now.. i don't know what "lyme" or "neurological" is either.. if you could explain that too i would be grateful.. thanks for answering so fast

Old 01-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygonzales
i have never ever heard anyone with the same symptomes as me
I absolutely had the same symptoms as you, until I got my sleep apnea properly treated. I was always tired, for as long as I could remember (from childhood), and constantly falling asleep. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 24! In part because some of my doctors also felt that a younger, normal weight woman wouldn't have apnea. Now that I have been treated, it is a whole new world!

I don't know if you have lyme disease, apnea, thyroid problems, or something else. You need to be assertive with your doctors, and don't stop until you have the treatment you need. If you think your current doc isn't taking you seriously, find another one - and don't wait.

Good luck.

Closed Thread