It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
(female)

htcrew HB User
Unhappy havent slept more than 2-3 hours a night for about 3 months help!!!

hi everyone im new to this board, i dont know what to do about my sleep habbits i have a six year old in and twin four year olds so i have to get up about 6 am to get them all ready for school and i dont go to bed untill about 4am everymorning for about three months now . when i go into bed i find my self thinking non stop and i try to tell my self to stop but it is not working, i worry about if im going to get up in time and the things i have to do the next day and even in the up comming weeks, the subjects change with no stopping it, it is like a bomb goes off in my head and i cant stop it at all, i also have realy bad thoughts all the time things happening to the kids that sometimes feel so real i get all teared up and cant stop the thoughts can someone give me some advice on what to do. thanks again

amanda

Old 01-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
(female)

julesj HB User
Re: havent slept more than 2-3 hours a night for about 3 months help!!!

Amanda
I REALLY REALLY recommend that you share these symptoms with your doctor asap. It sounds much less like a sleep issue (to me) than it does depression/stress/anxiety. As you may know, inability to sleep accompanies many mental health issues. Your doctor might suggest trying an antidepressant or seeing a therapist. Either or both would probably really help a lot.

As you know, parenting when you're sleep-deprived is no picnic. I would try to get in to see a doctor really soon, whether it be a general practioner or even your OB-GYN.

I have three little ones too, and I know how tough it is to be Mom when you're exhausted! Best of luck.
jules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

htcrew HB User

jewels,

Thank you for you reply to my message. So you think that i have something other than just a sleeping problem?, And yes you are correct it is very hard to deal with the kids after not getting any sleep the night before i find myself very irritated at most times and yelling and im not like that i can talk to anyone about anything and usually a very pleasent person, my husband gets angry when he finds out that i didnt go to bed, {he works midnights}, and i just dont know how to get him to understand that i dont do it on purpose it is just like that, do you know anyway that i could explain it to him so that he can get a clue on what is going on, well dont want to go on forever so i hope to here from you again, thanks alot

amanda

Old 01-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User

Yes, I agree that this is serious enough that you should discuss it with your doctor ASAP. In the meantime, I think there are two things which might help.

(1) Try to get some good exercise three hours or more before retiring, preferably 30 minutes of exercise, but at least 15 minutes. You can do that without having to leave the house and your children. Just put on a music tape or CD and dance around the house to it. Or do a little dancing, a few jumping jacks, a bit of running in place, etc.

(2) Take a tub bath, just lie back and soak for 10 or 15 minutes, shortly before you go to bed. I think both of these will increase the chances that you'll be able to go to sleep sooner.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:18 AM   #5
(female)

htcrew HB User

jules, and uff da

i did go see the doctor yesterday and well he diagnosed me with panic disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder, i never thought that it could be true but the more we talked the more i realy thought it was true i was so frustrated yesterday and mad. My husband was kinda releived that this would finally be taken care of. I guess that he said i need to talk with someone about this also the thoughts and stuff . But i cant afford it so i was hoping that i could just talk on here for free and still try to get some releif and tell someone how bad it is getting for me to control my thoughts because of past history, well i will go for now thank you so much for your replys it realy helped me out.

amanda

Old 02-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

I have the same racing thoughts problem. I also have a history of anxiety.
My doctor prescribed valium, 5mg, to take when I can't get BACK to sleep.
To get to sleep I simply take 2 Tylenol PM's, a drugstore sleep gel or a melatonin. I've been doing this for 20 years and I'm still here!!

Old 02-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #7

braddinhle HB User

Everybody have the same problem as you. I think the reason is that you are not relaxed. Exercise is the answer to your question. Exercise helps you to relax so you will not worry too much. You should also try to write everything which make you worry on a piece of paper and solutions to it, that way your mind will stop concern about it.
Take care,
BL

Closed Thread