It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Can't fall asleep lately, new for me - need help

I'm currently on summer vacation, I had a lot of anxiety/stress during school and I graduated. I don't believe I'm experiencing it right now as I'm on break and doing nothing. This started a month ago, a couple weeks after I got out of school. I just cannot fall asleep. I lie down in bed around 10p.m.-11 p.m. and try and fall asleep, usually late around 11 p.m. As of late I have not been able to fall asleep, I usually end up falling asleep around 2 or 3 a.m. and waking up around 12 noon which is really messing me up because I wake up without energy and I'm like that the rest of the day. The same routine continues the next day and next.

I don't know why I can't fall asleep, I'm starting college and I know I've been thinking about that too much when in bed which is probably why I can't fall asleep. I tried clearing my mind but it almost makes it worse. I tryed leaving the tv on and have that help me fall asleep, but I just end up watching whatevers on and don't feel tired. Lately, the problems have been itching on my body. At least every 5 seconds I have been having itches on my head, face, neck, arms, and back. It feels like there's ants on me. I have to scratch because it worries me if I don't. I can never lay on my side because I get heartburns when I do. It's around 1 or 2 a.m. when I have to get up and get something to eat in the kitchen or turn on the computer to do something. That's the only thing that can make me fall asleep. Even though I'm already doing this before I go to bed around 11p.m., I have to do it again around 1a.m. and end up falling asleep in an hour.

Can anyone help me? I've never had sleeping problems before like this. This is driving me crazy and I need answers before I start college because I don't want to be like this on the day before the first day of school. Thanks.

Last edited by Junior77; 07-24-2005 at 02:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
(female)

Newsome HB User
Re: Can't fall asleep lately, new for me - need help

It sounds to me like you're having an anxiety reaction. I used to have itching too, all over at night. For me it was all anxiety. You might want to see if you're allergic to the soap you use or laundry detergent though. Your family GP might be helpful in ruling out anything physical that might be going on. That helped me a lot having my dr. put my mind at ease about my physical health. They might also recommend some stress managment, it sounds like you're starting to feel overwhelmed now that you've had a little time off.

Closed Thread