It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Sleep Talking Consistantly,and constantly!!!

Hi!
I am having some severe sleeping problems....well,it's really more with sleep-talking than anything....I can't seem to stop!
My fiance' says that while he is watching the t.v.(which we can't move because it's in a certain fixed area..and it doesn't belong to us,and we also have no extra room to put it)I am sleep talking so much, he has to tell me to "BE QUIET!" I don't know if I do or not...maybe I sometimes do, but, I am just not totally aware..as I am asleep!
There are times though, when I have started to wake up, because I heard somebody talking..and it was me!!!!

Help!

I don't want to tape my mouth shut....but, I do not know just what I should do! Do I have to see a therapist or, should I get a lot more sleep, than normal? I can't understand why I am talking this much....my fiance' says that I talk every night! WOW!

It kind of blows my mind...!!! He also tells me that I am VERY LOUD when I talk! What do I do?!!!!!!

Nightowl2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
(female)

kyethra HB User
Re: Sleep Talking Consistantly,and constantly!!!

I talk in my sleep too. Its very common. I mostly mumble or gurmble or moan. But somtimes I will say odd words or phrases or even start talking about things (like if someone says something to be I will respond by talking about how I hate Lamas. I was bitten as a small child on my head, still have the scar.) Anyway, sometimes my fiance gets really annoyed by it. I actually think its kind of funny because when he tries to to immitate me to tell me what I am like I think he sounds like a zombie... But he will wake me up by saying "Sh!" loudly to me whan I am sleeping. Its really annoying and never helps as far as the talking goes.

What does seem to help for me is medicaiton. I take topamax and flexeril for other sleep issues like kicking and throwing things (he likes those even less- I feel bad for him sometimes). And that seems to help. You might talk to your doctor about it. Maybe you could get a gag or something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Smile Re: Sleep Talking Consistantly,and constantly!!!

Well, thanks for your response!
I think maybe what I will try doing is to just when I get to that time where I am planning on talking (because I sometimes know that I am doing it) I will try hard to keep "it" in..rather than speaking out, I will let my mind try to just put it back into the dream....talk in the dream...not outside of it...I think maybe , just maybe I can and may have done this a couple of times,and actually stopped myself....at least more so recently...I wasn't as aware of it, when I wrote the first letter on the message boards...but, now I am realizing, I have the POWER!!!

SO, hopefully, hopefully, I can try to do this...just "will" my brain to "cool it!" so to speak!

Otherwise, oh well, may have to try another direction....it drives my fiance' up the wall!!! HE constantly says "SHHHH BE Quiet!!" SOmetimes I guess I "hear" him,and somehow clam up! I don't really know!
This is actually kind of funny, if you think about it....I guess you are laughing too!!!

nightowl2

Closed Thread