It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User
Sleep and appetite problems after a car accident

Couldnt find the right board for this, so i just figured ill put it here.

I was in a car accident over a month ago (February 16), some idiot pulled out infront of me, i smashed into him and spun around my car collided with another. I got rushed to the hospital with the moron who caused the accident. But the good news is he was charged for the accident, he doesnt have insurance so my insurance is sueing him for the medical bills as well as the cost of my car, AND the other car that was involved too, he has to pay their medical bills. Im driving again too.

But i remember before the accident, i would eat normally, then i had the accident and i realized i never have an appetite anymore. I lost 15 pounds because i cant get hungry anymore, i mean, i DO get hungry, but nowhere near as much as i used to. Normally when i eat, im usually trying to force food into my body. Im not sure, does anyone know what can be wrong?

Also, i have had sleeping issues. Im 17, and its pretty normal for a 17 year old to sleep in to about 12:00-1:00 in the afternoon, but ever since my accident, the latest i can sleep in until is about 9:00-10:00. No matter how late i am, up until 3:00 am, and i seem to always wake up around 9:00-10:00.

Its not that i got these problems from my accident, but these were two big sudden changes that came just after the accident, so i believe its some correlation.

Does anyone know what it can be?

Thanks,
-Pawel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
(female)

Wed Thai Girl HB User
Re: Sleep and appetite problems after a car accident

My friend had the same exact problem too. She got into an accident and she couldn't sleep well for 5 months after she got into the accident because she did was in severe pain. Perhaps you have a type of post-traumatic stress disorder (I know people say it relates to war, but it can also relate to stressful circumstances). Perhaps seeing a counselor to talk to him/her about your sleep patterns would help. Also, to relax your mind before sleep try chamomile tea, taking a warm bath, meditating or praying, or reading might help. Hope this helps.

God bless,
Jeri

Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

Well, the pain is gone for the most part, it only really hurts when i perform certain things that make my chest work. I mean, falling asleep isnt much different from before the accident now, but i cant sleep that late. If i fall asleep at 3AM, no matter how tired i am i will wake up around 9-10AM, normally i used to be able to sleep until 12+ or until i get enough sleep.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

I will look into that actually, all of my medical bills that involve the accident are being paid for by my insurance, the other guy didnt have insurance and we had the special coverage, so my insurance covers everything and pretty much sue the other guy for all of that money.

So what kind of doctor is this, any name for them, or just PTSD doctor/therapist?

Closed Thread