It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

maya_1299 HB User
Angry lack of deep sleep.

Hello,

I have used ativan, ambien and lunesta for a over a peri of 2 1/2 months for sleep. It's been 2 months since i haven't used anything for sleep.. Most nights, i do go to sleep, but i don't get deep sleep, i awaken easily and am in a trance like state where i have dreams.. but it's not deep sleep.. Has anyone heard of benzo protracted withdrawl syndrome? Supposedly, it takes a while to recover from the symptoms..Has anyone has similar problem, and how long did it take for natural sleep (with deep sleep) to come bacK?
Not getting the deep sleep is very distressing, it is affecting my immune system, i have a cough that just won't go away. Thanks for any input.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
(female)

maya_1299 HB User
Re: lack of deep sleep.

My problems with achieving deep sleep was after i used sleep meds and ativan for 2.5 months..I do not have chronic pain or fatigue..Lack of deep sleep has affected my energy levels and immune system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #3
(male)

stfu21 HB User

Hi, I had the same problem too, It all started 2 years ago, at the start I didnt know *** was going on but it slowly began to worsen, my sleep quality wore out, what i mean by that is it began to shallow, and month by month it got worser, then later I was experiencing anxity and depression, and then after that extreme INSOMNIA. I really didnt know what made my sleep quality so poor, every time i wake up i feel fukt, no energy, no interest in nothing, loss of apetite, just everything is screwed. Right now its gone better, but im not still achieving that ' DEEP ' state sleep where hormones and **** r released, so im aging pretty badly and its made me so angry and depressed, I rly dont know what 2 do. Soon im gonna try 'LIGHT therapy", this is where u stand in front of a light for 2 hours, its supposely made to have ur origonal 'BIOLOGICAL CLOCK', so im hoping it worx. I once walked to skool for 30 mins in the morning and when i went to bed at that day, i felt my self for the first time enetering "DEEP SLEEP" and i really felt the wonderful feeling of entering this stage of sleep because its been soo fkn long... anyways try light therapy, if that dont work try to resolve ur depression because its this thats keepin u awake and not relaxed, I also have a speedy heart beat when i go bed, so i dont rlly know how to stop it speeding, i will sooon try relaxing. TRY TO FIX THIS URGENTLY its a real health hazard.. because no one can take away ur deep sleep cycle, think about it uve had it most of ur life? so go to the cause of this, people who dont enter deep sleep have ruled out' depression', so u rly have to find whats bothering u and u will cure it and u will be happy for once!!! ok im out later hope i helped u, write back if u wana talk more. =)

Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #4
(female)

maya_1299 HB User

I am not sure if stress and anxiety or sleeping pill usage has caused my sleeping problems. I don't enter deep stages of sleep but I have constant dreams throughout the night, a lot of REM sleep.

I am going to start seeing a therapist, maybe it will help. Although, i feel much better now as far as anxiety. But, i do have stress related to mostly related to sleep.

How do you go about finding places that offer light therapy? With specific doctor?

Old 06-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
(male)

stfu21 HB User

To Maya, If you want to try out " Light Therapy ", Try looking for the nearest doctor and say what problems you have and he can help you with finding a therapist who knows everything about sleep problems, im guessing the doctor that u find will help u in doing " light therapy" sessions. The most weirdest thing is that a few times as i stated before in my previous message that i was exposed to 30 degree sunglight for half an hour going to skool, <-- this really worked and plus u have nothing to loose if this light therapy dont work, just try it, i will in 2 weeks till i get my car. BUT it most positively it WILL because when your exposed to light it resets your "BIOLOGICAL clock" which will create a new way and timetable for u to get that sleep u want. Im guessing that the light i had on my face that day really took the energy outta me mentaly and physically. for the last 2 years Ive gone to bed feeling non-drowsy, because u need that drowsy feeling to enter deep sleep that way u know its gonna happen... what ur asl?

Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
(female)

maya_1299 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfu21
To Maya, If you want to try out " Light Therapy ", Try looking for the nearest doctor and say what problems you have and he can help you with finding a therapist who knows everything about sleep problems, im guessing the doctor that u find will help u in doing " light therapy" sessions. The most weirdest thing is that a few times as i stated before in my previous message that i was exposed to 30 degree sunglight for half an hour going to skool, <-- this really worked and plus u have nothing to loose if this light therapy dont work, just try it, i will in 2 weeks till i get my car. BUT it most positively it WILL because when your exposed to light it resets your "BIOLOGICAL clock" which will create a new way and timetable for u to get that sleep u want. Im guessing that the light i had on my face that day really took the energy outta me mentaly and physically. for the last 2 years Ive gone to bed feeling non-drowsy, because u need that drowsy feeling to enter deep sleep that way u know its gonna happen... what ur asl?
I am still having same problems. I am not able to achieve deep sleep. Have you tried light therapy yet? I feel like I have constant dreams. I just want to be able to sleep normally again.

Closed Thread