It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User
Sleep Paralysis nonstop cycle

Hi everyone, When I have sleep paralysis episodes I normally hear the phone ringing(Fake ringing) and then my mom passes by very fast and when she looks at me she has a monster face and looks evil. anyways, when I wake up from it I feel soooo drowsy that I fall asleep again and then another cycle comes again 20 min later or so like for 3-4 times during the 2 hour nap. The thing is that I don't like sleep paralysis and when I finish the episode I want to get out of the sofa im sleeping in but I feel sooo drowsy that I don't have the strenght to get out of the sofa and I keep sleeping. what should I do ? any similar experiences?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
(male)

fenton HB User
Re: Sleep Paralysis nonstop cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdayapril22
Hi everyone, When I have sleep paralysis episodes I normally hear the phone ringing(Fake ringing) and then my mom passes by very fast and when she looks at me she has a monster face and looks evil. anyways, when I wake up from it I feel soooo drowsy that I fall asleep again and then another cycle comes again 20 min later or so like for 3-4 times during the 2 hour nap. The thing is that I don't like sleep paralysis and when I finish the episode I want to get out of the sofa im sleeping in but I feel sooo drowsy that I don't have the strenght to get out of the sofa and I keep sleeping. what should I do ? any similar experiences?
I get it every so often, not near as much as my teenage years. and its actually, on average, happier than it used to be. When I was a teenager I would have a reoccurring one where our house was getting broken into, me too paralyzed to do anything. freaky stuff.
anyways, have you told your neurologist? Mine isn't bad/frequent enough to treat, but I imagine that it can be treated somehow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

no I havent told the neurologist since mine isisn't that frecuent either, I just wanted to know If there are other people with the same situation.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
(female)

akalei HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdayapril22

I have sleep paralysis constantly. Since I was a little kid I have had it like almost nighty. Its not as often now. Like once/week sometimes im lucky and it will be 1 in two weeks. Anyways not everyone likes it cause it give terrifying feelings. But that thing about ur mom and the monster face. Is it really your mom? Cause it could be haulisination (cant spell) Which is very common with sleep paralysis. Also a thing known as a Hag or Witch apparently comes to attack a person with sleep paralysis. That is why sometimes people feel pressure on their chest. Its sometimes known as the old Hag Syndrome. If you google sleep paralysis+Hag it will give you tons of information. Anyways the person you think is your mom could be "The Hag" cause the hag is often appeared to look like a witch/monster.
The best thing you can really do is let it run its course during an episode. Also try not to fall asleep on your back. Being on your back usually triggers it to happen the most rather then sleeping on your side or stomach. But yeah just absically google info or go to the library. You will get tons of info and know that more people then you think have sleep paralysis. Most people only ever have 1 experience of it in their lives. But and don't quote me on this cause I can't remember where I read it. It said people like me who have cronic sleep paralysis episodes are special and more open minded to things such as paranormal, mind control, ESP and such things.

Closed Thread