It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

coritani HB User
Bags under eyes after sleep

Hi. For a few years now (!), I've been having bags under my eyes, as well as big purple marks under them after I wake up. I finally decided to end it, by getting more sleep. I now sleep longer - I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I've been doing this for a few days now. But, I still wake up with the bags and my purple marks under my eyes. It looks awful. I also seem to have problems getting to sleep, but I think it's because I think too much when lying in bed.

Is there any way to get rid of them? Could I have a problem?

Last edited by coritani; 03-08-2007 at 12:37 AM.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Bags under eyes after sleep

Bags and dark rings around the eyes are a sign of allergies.. and chronic sinus issues. This is not just attributed to sleep issues. I would look into alleriges, post nasal drip, and sinus trouble. Do you have allergies? Have you checked? They can develop at any age and in any place... Fair skinned individuals naturally exhibit darker circles than anyone else. If you feel non of the above suggestions I would suggest you check the dermitology site for suggestions.

As too sleep issues: It is possible that you have a sleep disorder, but with out knowing a bit more it would ne hard to tell. Do you wake up tired? Are you tired through out the day? Do you feel that you can not survive without a nap? Do you fall asleep in the car? Have trouble staying awake while driving? Chronic respiratory ills? Blood pressure issues? Depression? Anxiety? Snore or stop breathing(recognized as holding ones breath or choking in ones sleep) at night? all of these are important side effect symptoms to you insomnia.

Respectfully,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 AM   #3
(male)

coritani HB User
Re: Bags under eyes after sleep

Ok, thanks for your help. I don't have any allergies and never have. I'll research the subject som more. I really want to get rid of them.

Last edited by coritani; 03-14-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Closed Thread