i have been told that talk in my sleep, most of the time i am told that i am mumbling but i have had a few occasions where my boyfriend told me he could clearly understand what i was saying. My mother is known to do this as well. I just i am concerned about what im saying......but is there anything that might curb my talking? I beleive that i am really tired when this happens the most.
Another had a similar problem not to long ago. Sleep talking is readily a side component to sleep walking or somnambulism. The listed symptoms to somnambulism are as follows:
* openning eyes during sleep, may have blank facial expression
* may sit up and appear awake during sleep (my husband would do this and tell me senseless things.. I would send my husband to the bathroom to kill roaches in my sleep)
* walking during sleep (I actually got outside and ran about in the horse pasture one night scared my parents and me half to death as an 8 yer old)
* other detailed activity during sleep, any sort (I was famous for vacuuming, washing dishes, and laundry)
* no recall of the event upon awaking (didn't believe anyone until they filmed me vacuuming the house in my sleep)
* confusion, disorientation on awakening
* sleep talking is incomprehensible and non-purposeful
Mine was a side effect of my sleep apnea. It was cured once my apnea was diagnosed and treated.
See a sleep specialist. Sleep medications may make things worse, even OTC meds.
If we learn by our mistakes, I am working on one hell of an education.
Yeah, i talk in my sleep alot too. One time when i was almost asleep, i kept hearing my friend talk out loud but apparently she wasn't talking at all, and then i fell asleep but it continued, and even while i was asleep (i dont remember this, she told me and recorded the talking on her phone) i apparently was telling her to be quiet because i was trying to sleep (already asleep?) and i got so confused when she told me because i had no clue!
Also i've been told that i've said many names during my sleep, and said VERY random things... not as weird as one of my friends though. She was yelling really loudly in her sleep one time, swearing, talking way clearly. When she woke up we all just laughed and told her what she was saying!
No idea how to get rid of it, but i dont think mine would be that bad that i would have to see a specialist.